Question

Kasten Dashboarddbff-svc error 500

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone! When i try to execute a new policy in kasten, have the error:

All Kasten services are fine except Grafana, but I understand that it is not required to use Kasten. 

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Does this happen after you start to execute a policy and everything was working fine before? In that case check your cluster for resources. Check the status of your pods in the Kasten-io namespace. See if any have crashed, any OOMKilled in the description etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Also after the job completes does Dashboard behavior go back to normal? How are you accessing the Dashboard (ingress, LB, port forward)?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@gerardotapianqn Would you be able to elaborate more on what you are referring to when you say executing a new policy ?

Do you mean creating a new policy or running an Ad-hoc policy run with `Run Once` button ?

What user you are using to access k10 ? Does the user have Admin rights in K10 as well as the cluster ?

The reason I am asking you about the access level is because RunOnce involves creation of a cluster scoped resource called `RunAction` and it requires access permissions to create resources at cluster level.

If you don’t have admin level permissions to create cluster-scoped runactions, then you cannot run the policy manually. 
However, you can still create policy in K10 namespace or application namespace and K10 will run the scheduled backups according to the policy.

Comment