Solved

k10-admin and k10-basic rolebinding cannot choose Export Location profile

Userlevel 3
  • Comes here often
  • 9 comments

I’m not sure what’s going on, the drop down menu for Export Location Profile isn’t working eventhough my username is part of the k10-admin and k10-config-view group and was part of k10-basic. Under kube:admin, I can choose the location profile. Am I missing something? Thanks

icon

Best answer by jaiganeshjk 6 April 2023, 08:00

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@banjo Thank you for posting your question here.

From your screenshots, I see that you have a rolebinding for your user to the clusterrole `k10-admin` in bookinfo namespace.

However, Profiles are part of `kasten-io` namespace and your user should have at-least get/list permissions for profile resources in `kasten-io` namespace.

The documentation here will help you with a basic-config clusterrole and rolebinding creation for listing some/all profiles and blueprints for a non-cluster-admin user.

Userlevel 3

Thanks @jaiganeshjk isn’t it its better for user experience that these clusterrole were already created during install?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Not all non-admin users have need to use all the profiles. In a multi-tenant environment, Profiles are segregated for each tenant.

Since, the idea of this cluster role is to restrict the non-admin users to use only a particular profile or blueprint(specified explicitly by name), It is not added by default during K10 installation.

Comment