Question

help job

Userlevel 3

Thanks to the community I was able to install the kasten in Air Grap, after some difficulties the application could be deployed, I tried to do a backup run job but it gives me an error when starting, I lack knowledge in this console and I would like to know if there is more specific documentation, any backup step by step.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Mind you I have not worked that much with Openshift but I am thinking that your demo application must have a replicationcontroller, so could it be permissions? Or if I remember correctly Openshift has security policies that can affect  things as well. Can you try creating another namespace (or project) and run some simple app with storage, like mysql etc and try that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Security context restraints would be the proper term :) I just looked it up since my memory failed me. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@jdiaz220481 It looks like the deployment config is not running successfully.

Check the replication controller using the oc get rc command and ensure it is running or available.

Check for error messages associated with the DeploymentConfig using oc describe dc <deploymentconfig-name>.

Userlevel 3
A project was created with one of the examples that openshift has to deploy a flat web page with nginx, the snapshot was taken without problems, I'm trying to restore in another project but I get the error "Failed to pull image "image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/proyorig/nginx-sample@sha256:20f2fb60 18274ece1889b2f1ade360d272d745c85b52a6fa2f81c9d17c6eeae7": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = reading manifest sha256:20f2fb6018274ece1889b2f1ade360d272d745c85b52a6 fa2f81c9d17c6eeae7 in image-registry.openshift-image-registry.svc:5000/proyorig/nginx-sample: unauthorized: authentication required" I get the error Error: ErrImagePull.try to overwrite the project and get the error "cause:      message: imagestreamtag latest is not a spec tag in imagestream        proyorig/nginx-sample, cannot be updated"for the first error try what the url mentions : https://kb.kasten.io/knowledge/clone-fails-with-imagepull-errorbut without success, has anyone had these problems?
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @jdiaz220481 

According with your output, looks like you are using image streams on OpenShift, this could be that the target project does not have access/permission to the image, since you are refering images across projects you might have to provide access, please take a look in this OCP documentation where the concept is explained:

https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.10/openshift_images/managing_images/using-image-pull-secrets.html#images-allow-pods-to-reference-images-across-projects_using-image-pull-secrets

Hope it helps

Comment