Question

best practices/esperience with protecting big PVCs with K10

Userlevel 3

good day folks,

we are going to migrate from an old to a new k8s platform an application that uses/store a huge amount of data (dozens of Terabytes).

Currently these data are stored in a single NFS storage outside of k8s. We would like to move these data to a set of PVCs. Sure we don’t want to have single PVC. What is the most resonable size for these PVCs?

Does anyone have experience with a situation like this, and protecting such a thing with K10?

P.S.: moving the data to an S3 storage is currently not an option

4 comments

Happy Friday!

Definitely K10 can protect such a volume of data and we can help you with the sizing of the PVC but without a CSI that will help you to manage snapshot and consistency, this will become a real challenge for your data to be consistent.  We would need some more details on your application and the underlying storage, Our engineering team will reach out to see if we can help.

Userlevel 3

thank you Iurii, we are using NetApp storage with Trident CSI driver 

https://netapp-trident.readthedocs.io/en/stable-v21.07/introduction.html

we are beginners with K10 but already using it and it works fine; anyway we never tested it with BIG PVCs  😊

I’m glad to hear you are already using K10! We have protected LARGE amounts of data, so I am confident it’ll work with big PVCs. It’d be great if we could try to run the procedure together then we can help determine the sizing and other best practices to ensure your data is protected properly.

Userlevel 3

sure it’d be great to work together, I will send you in private message my business email.

Comment