Solved

applications are not discovered from kasten dashboard

• 26 February 2024
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 3

Hi,

i have a customer with openshift cluster 3.11 i installed kasten with 4.0.2 for migration purpose, and everything went well.

the customer is forced to restart the api server in order to renew the certificate.

after the restart Kasten is not able to discover the application inside the cluster. and give me a warning: access denied (user does not have LIST permissions on cluster-scope resources)
i didn't configure any RBAC or authorization, i just installed it with the default sa k10-k10 with token authentication
any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Ali Kanso 28 February 2024, 10:54

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 3

the issue resolved and i am able now to discover applications, but when running a policy, the user sign out and can't perform the backup policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@FRubens 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Ali Kanso .

Thank you for using K10 community!

Please to understand, that means when the user try to run a policy using "run once", the user is logged out from K10 dashboard and is not able to run the policiy, is it correct ?

Have you tried to schedule this policy to run i.e. in the next 5 minutes, and see if the backup start instead of manually running it. If possible to try and let us know the output.

Rubens

Userlevel 3

hello FRuben,
thank you for your support.
i resolved the issue by deleting the sa K10-K10 and updating Kasten to regenerate another sa with new token and it worked fine.
thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Ali Kanso 

Thank you for the feedback, and also for providing the details how have you fixed it.

This will help other K10 users that might face the same issue.

If possible could you mark your response as the solution to close this post.

Regards

Rubens

Comment