VeeamON 2021 Day 1 Discussion

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Simple question for everyone - what was your favorite Day 1 content/session….. and why (yes, have to answer why :wink:  )

8 comments

Badge

The discussion on Ransomware really got me thinking about segregating our production domain from our backup infrastructure. I’m going to bring that up in a discussion on our next Enterprise Admin meeting, and bring in a Security admin. I’m thinking a domain for humans and other domains for infrastructure objects. Maybe have a one-way trust between them, so that the infrastructure domain can get to things like SCCM, but a bad actor could jump from the human domain to the other.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I would have to say this session was a really good one - 10 Top Backup and Recovery Performance Tuning Tips

Lots of great tips for optimizing jobs, talking about tasks for Proxies vs CPU, etc.  Great session.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ooo..thanks Chris! I didn’t get to watch not one session today due to work. That was one I was looking fwd to. Will go check it out, as well as the 75m session on CDP. Thanks man.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I wanted to watch the CDP one but took a break.  LOL

Will watch the recording of it as it was very good also.

Badge

I wanted to watch the CDP one but took a break.  LOL

Will watch the recording of it as it was very good also.

That was in my top 3. I definitely recommend you go back and watch it!

Waiting on the APJ content to start - looking forward to the Cybertheats sessions, and Future Trends. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great points @Tom T PCC . I created a post here on ransomware suggested practices. Would be good for you to add your input there if you could.
Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

CDP session was excellent. It answered all of my questions and it was the first time that I had seen a complete walkthrough.  I liked the Kasten session as well. Well described and concise. 

Comment