Question

Veeam setup Engine upgrade error 12.1.2 on PostgresSQL

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hello everyone,

I'm trying to install the update from both executable and ISO always returns this error.

- Veeam with PostgresSQL Database

Instead if I launch the same executable with a SQL database it works.

has it happened to anyone yet? Is there any bug?

thx

p.s.

solved by stopping the following services

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Done a few upgrades with Postgres and not had an issue with it.  Maybe a support case can help determine the issue and inform others here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Interesting case, it is supposed to stop all services automatically before start installing the upgrade.

This seems not to stop services completely during the installation process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting case, it is supposed to stop all services automatically before start installing the upgrade.

This seems not to stop services completely during the installation process.

exactly.

I didn't delve into it unfortunately I was in a hurry to update the production environment.
I have more infrastructure to update today I updated 3 of them,
next week I have at least 6 more. but all with SQL express.
let's see if the case comes up again.

stay tuned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Link State One of my customers had the same issue when I installed the new version. But it’s using SQL Express, not PostgreSQL. I tried to reboot the server and ran install again (I ensured all services were up and running). The issue is gone. just FYI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Nice to see a workaround in case this comes up for me when I upgrade. Thanks @Link State 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I haven’t run into this but it does feel like something here manually stopping services/processes may resolve the issue if rebooting the server prior to the update doesn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I haven’t run into this but it does feel like something here manually stopping services/processes may resolve the issue if rebooting the server prior to the update doesn’t.

hi @dloseke  & @CarySun  in my case even with the vbr server reboot ,i had the same behavior i had to kill the services.

Comment