Solved

reverse Hardened repository back to normal

Userlevel 2

Hello together,

how can I reverse a hardened Repository on Ubuntu 64 to a normal repository?

Thank you

Ralph

icon

Best answer by Ralph.Goepel 24 February 2024, 15:04

View original

15 comments

Userlevel 2

Hi together,

there ist no checkbox (thats rigth Fabian).

I have add a โ€œnewโ€ Repository on the Linux Server, add a directory and edit the Backup Job. On the Storage-Tab I choose the new directory on the โ€œnewโ€ Repository and the Backup Server asked me to move the Backup Files. I said yes and a little time later the move job was finished. I startet the job and the Backup Server made an incremental Backup!

Everthing is fine now. Thank you very much for your HELP!

Best Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could just create a new folder and then create a normal repository pointing to this folder if you just need a new repository without immutability.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could just create a new folder and then create a normal repository pointing to this folder if you just need a new repository without immutability.

Good one Wes ๐Ÿ˜Š But how are the previous restore points handled?ย 

The previous one will stay there until the retention can delete them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hiย @Ralph.Goepelย -

You can turn off immutability on your Linux Repo in the Repo settings (rt-click > Properties), but your backups will still be immutable for the duration they were set initially.ย 

Since v12 there is no checkbox โ€œto turnoff immutabilityโ€. Hardened repositories have their own type of repository.

ย 

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You would also needs to remove the immutable attributes from the directory and files on the Ubuntu server if you wish to continue using them for backups.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

To me that would be starting a new chain and leaving the existing to age out.

Userlevel 2

Thank you very much - that helps.

I can change the attributes like metioned in the Veeam KB 4348?

Otherwise I create a new folder and copy the files to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Chris.Childerhoseย - yep...would think the same, but was curious if someone knew definitively ๐Ÿ˜Š

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, thought so. Thanks.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ralph.Goepelย -

You can turn off immutability on your Linux Repo in the Repo settings (rt-click > Properties), but your backups will still be immutable for the duration they were set initially.ย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you very much - that helps.

I can change the attributes like metioned in the Veeam KB 4348?

Otherwise I create a new folder and copy the files to it.

If you create a new folder and copy keep in mind the immutable attribute moves to so might not want to do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ah, good catchย @Mildurย  ๐Ÿ˜Š I thought there was a checkbox there ๐Ÿ˜‰

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great to hear. Thanks for the update @Ralph.Goepelย 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue.

Comment