Question

Failed to perform backup file verification Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

• 25 October 2023
  • 2 comments

I have been going through Google the last few days trying to find an answer to my issue, but so far I have not found the answer that works.  I am getting this error message when I try to run a backup on my one and only community edition that we do not pay for support for. 

Failed to perform backup file verification Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
Asynchronous request operation has failed. [readsize = 524288] [offset = 4763648]
Agent failed to process method {Signature.FullRecheckBackup}.

This is backing up a Cantos SMB server and Every post I have seen says to check for bad sectors, but the checks come back as “OK”.  How else can I check for corrupt data?  what other options do I have to try to remedy this?  Any tips on where to look next are greatly appreciated.

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jestepp welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried the Veeam Backup Validator? - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/backup_validator_validate.html?ver=120

Additionally, have you tried to run a full Active Backup?

Finally, have a look at the logs under %ProgramData%\Veeam\Backup and look for the job name. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also check the disk offset as mentioned in the error.  There is another post on here (I cannot find it at the moment) that talks about this and how to increase this to ensure it aligns.  I think this is part of the issue you are having to rectify this.

Comment