Sticky Blog of the Month

CONTEST: World Back Up Day Blog of the Month Special Edition

CONTEST: World Back Up Day Blog of the Month Special Edition
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As mentioned in my February 2024 Blog of the Month winner post, March marks the celebration of World Backup Day. In honor of this occasion, we're planning a dedicated and special edition of the Blog of the Month. We're inviting you to share stories about how backup saved your precious data or, conversely, instances where you wish you had known then what you know now to avoid data loss. It seems Jason also has an idea on how we can enjoy World Backup Day, so be sure to check out his post!

Here's a brief personal story to kick things off: In 2009, fresh out of graduation, I embarked on a volunteer journey to India for three months – undoubtedly one of the best times of my life! During this unforgettable experience, I captured hundreds of photos, all stored on a single computer. Unfortunately, that computer was stolen, and I hadn't backed up any of my precious memories. The result? Not only did I lose the computer itself, but all those cherished moments captured in photos vanished in an instant. It's a lesson I learned the hard way – the importance of backing up our digital lives. From treasured memories to essential documents, so much of our story resides in digital format. This experience taught me firsthand the necessity of a reliable backup strategy, ensuring that our memories remain safe and accessible, no matter what life throws our way.

Certainly, when it comes to businesses, the stakes can be exponentially higher. Data loss has the potential to bankrupt a business – that's how critical the situation can become. A resilient backup strategy not only guards against hardware malfunctions and data integrity issues but also offers a sense of security in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as cyberattacks or natural calamities. By consistently backing up our data and storing multiple copies across diverse locations, we enhance our ability to withstand the risk of data loss and maintain our operational resilience.

We are looking forward to reading all your stories on how back up is the key to a cyber-resilient life!

Remember, the best Blog of the Month in March will receive a $100 voucher and could be featured in @JBuff livestream on April 2nd!

Best, 

Madi

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great idea 😎👍🏼

Should we create our own topics for it or write it in this thread?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great idea 😎👍🏼

Should we create our own topics for it or write it in this thread?

Hey @JMeixner ! Your own topic would be great :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Very cool initiative Madi! 🙌🏻

Sorry to hear about the loss of all those photos 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Very cool initiative Madi! 🙌🏻

Sorry to hear about the loss of all those photos 😕

Thank you, Shane!

Luckily I still have some pictures that my travel buddies took . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“Luckily I still have some pictures that my travel buddies took.” ← Bright side! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is a great idea for the March BOM and to coincide with World Backup Day there should be some pretty interesting blogs out there.  Great story Madi but sad you lost your pictures but got some from friends in the end.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sounds like a good argument for Veeam Backup for Android and iOS...direct to object storage of course!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My submission

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

World Back Up Day Blog of the Month Special Edition - My Story | Veeam Community Resource Hub

My submission

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Submitted!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Here is my submission:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

My Submission

World Backup Day Blog – Sometimes we need a bit of luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hiii! This is my submission:

World Back Up Day. My story: Chaos on the Network! | Veeam Community Resource Hub

😀👏🏻🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Guys, my contribute is here !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

My story! 

Comment