Want to get Microsoft Azure Certified? Now’s your chance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Microsoft Cloud Skills Challenge is BACK!

On the 23rd May Microsoft will launch their next Cloud Skills Challenge, in line with their Microsoft Build event. 

The rules are simple, register for a challenge track, and complete it between the 23rd May and the 20th June for a free exam voucher.

This event is heavily focused on development but the certifications in my opinion that are best off pursuing are AZ-104 (Microsoft Azure Administrator), And AZ-305 (Designing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions).

If you’ve already got the AZ-104 and then you take the AZ-305 you’re a certified Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert 🙂 whereas AZ-104 earns you the Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate.

To see all the rules and register go here: https://aka.ms/BuildCSC?ocid=build23_csc_event_wwl

And finally: Good Luck 😁

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Signing up now for AZ-104.  Always wanted to get back to MS certs and start somewhere so this seems like a good point to begin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for posting this...I’ll have to check it out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good opportunity. Thank you for pointing this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I recently did the AZ-900 during another Microsoft event. If I have enough time, I'll check out the AZ-104.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Nice find @MicoolPaul. I did this a few years ago and used the voucher for the AZ-104. The best part about Microsoft certs these days is once you have it, they let you renew it each year for free! 
Absolutely worth pursuing this just to have the exam voucher sat waiting for when you are ready to sit an exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you for sharing @MicoolPaul ! I did AZ-900 and AZ-305 last months..I have to complete the path with AZ-104 :)

@Chris.Childerhoseare you sure AZ-104 is included in this challenge? In ”Terms and Conditions” seems it is not applicable..

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@marco_s the exams don’t always align to the tracks they’re doing. If you check here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/cloudskillschallenge/build/officialrules/2023

you’ll see it’s on the list of eligible exams 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nice find @MicoolPaul. I did this a few years ago and used the voucher for the AZ-104. The best part about Microsoft certs these days is once you have it, they let you renew it each year for free! 
Absolutely worth pursuing this just to have the exam voucher sat waiting for when you are ready to sit an exam.

Absolutely! Same here, did my AZ-104 in 2021 and have done my first renewal on it! 🙂 accidentally let me AZ-305 voucher expire from early this year due to too much personal stuff going on. Shall try again…

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for sharing @MicoolPaul ! I did AZ-900 and AZ-305 last months..I have to complete the path with AZ-104 :)

@Chris.Childerhoseare you sure AZ-104 is included in this challenge? In ”Terms and Conditions” seems it is not applicable..

As far as I could see it was included as I was able to add the courses for it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Thanks for this. I’m on my way with AWS certs (got the Cloud Practioner, equivalent to this) and now I’ll start my Azure learning journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was waiting for this, actually.

It’s my chance to get AZ-104 for free now that I’m more focused on Public Cloud :)

Thanks for sharing @MicoolPaul !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Bumping this to remind people the challenge is now live!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I started yester the Microsoft Build: Cloud Development Challenge.
It’s very good, a lot of useful information.

Trying to complete to get my voucher to finally try the AZ-104.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Going to try and get on this hopefully but with VeeamON and vacation may not get to it. 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Here’s additional training if you’re planning to prepare for the AZ-104 certification:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/training/paths/az-104-administrator-prerequisites/

Comment