Veeam Backup for AWS - Data Mobility to Azure/VMware and Immutability!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hey all in Cloud City! 

First post here - which hopefully is in the correct section (I’m relatively new to the community pages). 

I performed a demonstration earlier this week, that was around protecting AWS EC2’s, RDS etc but with immutability. So I attempted deletion of backup data from the Veeam Backup for AWS console and the S3 bucket and the data was still there - fantastic. 

As immutability is pretty easy for Veeam to enable, I thought I’d sow some extra value into the demonstration with Veeam recovery from AWS to Azure. I also performed a copy of the immutable S3 data to an immutable repo “on premises” and restored my EC2 backup instantly/rapidly to VMware also. 

I appreciate there’s been videos on these topics before, but I thought it’d be good to revisit these topics. Veeam makes it super easy to deploy the cloud appliances and restore between clouds, taking a relatively complex task and making it easy. 

Here’s my video - hope you enjoy. It was all one take with no prep so apols for the Vcenter disconnect at the end :) 

Veeam Backup for AWS with Data Mobility!

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is definitely the right place for this @Ian Wright UKI 

Thanks for sharing your video as it was very interesting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Cloud to Cloud recovery! Nice! Thanks for sharing @Ian Wright UKI 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good to hear @Ian Wright UKI! Just to let you know, your video is private! During publishing, I think you have to expressly choose to make the video public.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Good to hear @Ian Wright UKI! Just to let you know, your video is private! During publishing, I think you have to expressly choose to make the video public.

Thanks for watching and the note! :) I normally just leave it for the direct link to work but will review the privacy settings. Can you view the video here OK? Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No...still private 😕

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

No...still private 😕

Try now please - apols :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Worked! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20