World Backup Day Blog - My little story

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

My professional experience with backup procedures starts when servers were only physical and backups only with tapes, long recovery times and a recovery rate of 70-80%.

If the operating system became corrupted, you were forced to rebuild a server from scratch...

Then the advent of hypervisors and a chance meeting with Veeam in the VMUG community event and it was love at first job !

No hard-to-understand interfaces and incomprehensible logs and the restores worked !

From version 5.0 to version 12.1, years of work and successfully completed restores have passed with the many thanks received from Customers for saving them from various disasters.

Of course, it is necessary to know it well in order to configure the jobs correctly for each environment and infrastructure, but the result is guaranteed.

I really appreciate the effort made to guarantee the security features included from version 12 onwards, and I give a 10/10 to the 4-eyes feature in addition to the other YARA backup control and 'inline malware detection' features.

Another mention for Veeam ONE which has now truly reached the maturity of a complete dashboard!

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Very cool. I hope to finalize my VeeamONE purchase shortly.

5.0?  That’s quite a few upgrades under your belt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VeeamONE is a great product and can do many things.  You will be glad you purchased it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

VeeamONE is a great product and can do many things.  You will be glad you purchased it.

I enjoyed talking with you about this in Prague.

My single Veeam instance will make it much easier to manage than your environment. 😁

Comment