VMCE exam personal experience

Show first post

33 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks good Topics. I need to update to VMCE 2022 but I think I will wait next year.

Hi @fspadaro , VMCE 2022 doesn’t exist yet. That will be the next version, probably some time (several months) after the release of VBR version 12.

Going to guess mid 2023 for this one. 😋

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Chris.Childerhose great news, I see some Engineer on LinkedIn write VMCE 2022…..So my VMCE2021 is still valid.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great feedback @Nico Losschaert , can’t wait to try the exam next year. I will RTFM and practice lab before as adviced. I already watched you tube series from @haslund , that was great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nico Losschaert Thanks for your detail information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I need to write this one of these days. I took the VMCE2020 course but got so busy at work I never ended up writing the exam.

Same goes for the VMware courses, I took the Optimize and Scale, and Troubleshooting courses but didn’t get a chance to do the test. 

Apparently I’m really bad with this…I did the same as noted for the VMCE2020.  When I did my VCP, I took the ICM course and then got a voucher for the exam, but it was good for 1 year from issuance.  I scheduled my exam the day before it expired I believe.  And then forgot about it being scheduled until the day before I was supposed to take it and hadn’t really been studying.  I wasn’t able to get it delayed with the test proctor, so I ended up staying up until 4AM cramming for my 8AM test.  I passed on the first try…it wasn’t a score I was proud of by any means (300 to pass, I got a 314), but it was a pass.  And unfortunately, it’s the VCP6-DCV because of the course I took and the current exam was 6.5 or 6.7 at the time.  But at least it was after VMware decided to no longer expire certs (again).  It’s probably beyond time for me to re-up on that one as well.  Not actually sure if I can take the upgrade without taking the ICS course again at this point.

Edit:  Just double checked, VCP6.5-DCV and older must take the course exam…so that’s fun...2019 and up does not but it’s recommended.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dlosekeI'm sorry to hear that. While VMware certifications no longer expire, you still need to update them regularly; probably at least every 2 years. I also almost forgot to renew the last time…

@Nico LosschaertGreat summary! Another challenge would be to achieve a better exam score than @Mildur and his 98% 😅

Thanks!  I try not to put too much into Certs...they’re helpful sure…that said, I get so dang busy that I tend to lose track of time and keep on top of getting them renewed.  At least the VMware class isn’t the most expensive, and I didn’t that much out of the ICM class, so it would be nice to take the Optimize and Scale class anyway.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks good Topics. I need to update to VMCE 2022 but I think I will wait next year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @fspadaro , VMCE 2022 doesn’t exist yet. That will be the next version, probably some time (several months) after the release of VBR version 12.

Comment