VMCE 2023 Exam Experience

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Everyone,

This morning I went and took the V12 Exam. There were some huge non related hurdles involved but in the end all was good. 

To start with the night before I got some other news that kept me awake for most of the night. You know something not awful, not great but enough to… keep your brain working. Then you start to get annoyed as you know that you have to sleep for the exam BUT getting annoyed also keeps your brain alert. 

In the morning I was completely exhausted. To make matters worse Winter decided to show up and it was freezing. 

I decided to go to a testing center which now after the pandemic are all located way out in Polar bear land. The transit app lied about the bus arrival time and I froze, then the transit app lied again about the second bus. Then I arrived and the test center folks did not show up 15 minutes early anyways so I was left to wander in the vast waste lands of suburbia parking lots with a billion mile an hour wind attacking me.

Finally I got in and sat down and passed the exam. But the exam is all a blur to me, all I can see are empty parking spaces and gale force winds!! 

I think if you use Veeam a lot you should be fine for the exam. Otherwise the previous posts here about the exam were very helpful. 

23 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That’s AWESOME to hear @Geoff Burke !!! Congrats!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

That’s AWESOME to hear @Geoff Burke !!! Congrats!

Now as long as I did not catch pneumonia.. all should be good. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“Now as long as I did not catch pneumonia.. all should be good. 🤣” Hope you don’t as well! Vitamin C & D and Zinc to the rescue! 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Congrats @Geoff Burke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats Geoff on passing.  I moved mine ahead a week to Dec 9th to give me some extra time to review a few things.  Hopefully I will be making a post after that on passing. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good job, @Geoff Burke !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Congrats Geoff!  Keep warm….I won’t complain too loudly about the Nebraska weather here since I know it’s gotta be worse up north, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congrats Geoff!  Keep warm….I won’t complain too loudly about the Nebraska weather here since I know it’s gotta be worse up north, right?

Believe me when Scott or Tyler hear me complaining about cold in Toronto.. 😁they will laugh for hours. BUT we do have the lake so it is a humid cold 😃. Mind you one can’t discount the aging process either. Perhaps getting weaker and less able to handle cold than before. I might turn into one of those birds that fly South to Florida for the winter.. ah.. wait let me check my bank account.. well I can make it Buffalo NY!! a bit warmer right? 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Believe me when Scott or Tyler hear me complaining about cold in Toronto.. 😁they will laugh for hours. BUT we do have the lake so it is a humid cold 😃. Mind you one can’t discount the aging process either. Perhaps getting weaker and less able to handle cold than before. I might turn into one of those birds that fly South to Florida for the winter.. ah.. wait let me check my bank account.. well I can make it Buffalo NY!! a bit warmer right? 😂

I was just in Florida a week and a half ago just in time for a Tropical Storm.  They got more rain in 4 of the days I was there than they did the entire hurricane season.  The weather was otherwise nice, but it was a lot of rain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Congratulations @Geoff Burke . Enjoy polar bear land!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congrats on passing, knew you would! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Congrats!!! Awesome news and I bet it’s a huge weight off your shoulders now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Amazing job @Geoff Burke 😋😋😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congratulations @Geoff Burke 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Congratulations Geoff,well done.

I hope to participate from your experience for my exam next year 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Have a question about VMCE

Is it still mandatory to do training with an instructor before being able to take the exam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is it still mandatory to do training with an instructor before being able to take the exam?

I believe if you have the previous one VMCE2022 you don’t have to take the training.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Got it thanks @Chris.Childerhose 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I believe if you have the previous one VMCE2022 you don’t have to take the training.

I believe that’s correct.  However, if you’ve never passed the VMCE in the past, I believe you still have to take the training (which I’ve now done twice).  I’d better go take that test this time!  I think generally Veeam follows the same rules as VMware with the VCP exams, where you can update without a class but if you get too old, then you have to take the class again.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I believe that’s correct.  However, if you’ve never passed the VMCE in the past, I believe you still have to take the training (which I’ve now done twice).  I’d better go take that test this time!  I think generally Veeam follows the same rules as VMware with the VCP exams, where you can update without a class but if you get too old, then you have to take the class again.  

Great thanks. That is what I thought. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

well done @Geoff Burke  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I think that if you have the previous certification you can simply upgrade. However, I would check that just in case as things have changed somewhat. I was able to get on the test online training this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Ah one needs to read to the end of the comments before answering, I see Derek already answered 😀

Comment