VMCA 2022 Released!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Afternoon everyone!

I just found out that Veeam have released the VMCA 2022 course and exam.

We’ve had a few discussions around this exam within the community as originally Veeam were intending for everyone to take the VMCA 2022 course prior to sitting the exam, however between then and now they’ve changed it. I checked my portal this morning and it showed the “Step 1. Attend a training course” as ticked. I checked with my account manager that this was intentional and they confirmed it’s no longer mandatory to redo the course if you’ve already got a VMCA v1.

To find out more simply go to: Get Veeam Certified Now! and then click on the “Veeam Certified Architect” tab.

FAQs:

• I took the VMCA v1 training course but never took the exam, what should I do?
    • The VMCA v1 is expected to retire on 31st December 2021, either sit the exam or take the VMCA 2022 training course and work on that instead.
  • Should I take the training course?
    • Of course, it’s not always cost-effective for some people to take the training course again but the VMCE-ADO course was released a long time ago, and Veeam has progressed a lot since then, the best way to know you still know the best practices and recommendation from Veeam is to refresh your training!
  • What should I do to prepare?
    • Take the training course if possible.
    • Review the VMCA 2022 exam guide within the Veeam certification section.
    • Make sure you hold a current VMCE certification or a VMCEv1, you require one of these to achieve VMCA certification.
    • Check out some of these awesome resources:

46 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looking forward to eventually taking this.  Seeing if my work will pay for the course since it is only two days and fairly inexpensive.  Going to be taking the VMCE2020 tomorrow and the course for VMCE2021 next week then exam so will have lots of practice to prepare.

Thanks for the book mention @MicoolPaul :thumbsup_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you for the Guide shoutout @MicoolPaul !!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@coolsport00 : Thanks for sharing the resources !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@coolsport00 : Thanks for sharing the resources !

Yes Shane’s guide was good when I did VMCAv1 back in the day.  I am sure it can be changed to cover VMCA2022. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx for sharing @MicoolPaul , will be planned to take the exam next year not needed to take the course because of already having the VMCA-v1 certification.

@Chris.Childerhose : good luck with your exam!

By the way : does anybody know how many persons does own a VMCA-certification worldwide? I know that I’m the second one in Belgium and only 3 persons are having this certificate in my country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thx for sharing @MicoolPaul , will be planned to take the exam next year not needed to take the course because of already having the VMCA-v1 certification.

By the way : does anybody know how many persons does own a VMCA-certification worldwide? I know that I’m the second one in Belgium and only 3 persons are having this certificate in my country.

Thanks.  Should be an easy one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thx for sharing @MicoolPaul , will be planned to take the exam next year not needed to take the course because of already having the VMCA-v1 certification.

I think there is no such record country wise for certifications. Is there any?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I think there is no such record country wise for certifications. Is there any?

Would be cool to see, I know VMware share some numbers around certification

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks Michael, I was waiting for this!

As far as I know, it is mandatory to join a training before taking the exam the first time, right? Do somebody know if it possible to join a VMCAv1-class and take the VMCA2022 exam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As far as I know, it is mandatory to join a training before taking the exam the first time, right? Do somebody know if it possible to join a VMCAv1-class and take the VMCA2022 exam?

Hi @vNote42, This is on the FAQ section of the website:

“If you attended the class within 12 months of booking the exam, you may take the latest exam without retaking the course. If it has been 12 months or longer, it is required you attend a pre-requisite class.“

So depending on when you did the training course you'll either need to do the VMCAv1 exam and then the VMCA2022 or jump straight into it. (Depends if you want to have the “v1” status of VMCA too!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @vNote42, This is on the FAQ section of the website:

“If you attended the class within 12 months of booking the exam, you may take the latest exam without retaking the course. If it has been 12 months or longer, it is required you attend a pre-requisite class.“

So depending on when you did the training course you'll either need to do the VMCAv1 exam and then the VMCA2022 or jump straight into it. (Depends if you want to have the “v1” status of VMCA too!)

Thanks Michael - and sorry for asking a question, already answered in FAQ. But: I WILL do the training in the beginning of September. Currently I do not know which version this will be. I have asked in case it is the old version of training. So it would be possible to take 2022-exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you already have VMCAv1 then you can take the VMCA2022 straight away without class but it is recommended.  I plan to take it as I am sure much has changed since the v1 class and then take the exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks Michael - and sorry for asking a question, already answered in FAQ. But: I WILL do the training in the beginning of September. Currently I do not know which version this will be. I have asked in case it is the old version of training. So it would be possible to take 2022-exam.

Always happy to help buddy :relaxed: sounds exciting, definitely will be jealous if you get on the new course!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😀 I will take the course soon after I took the VMCE course in autumn…

I have seen already that there is the new VSCA course available. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VSCA?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Always happy to help buddy :relaxed: sounds exciting, definitely will be jealous if you get on the new course!

Okay, just checked: course description is talking about VBRv11AD. So I should be safe :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

VSCA?

Veeam Super Certified Administrator?

sorry for this :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

🤣🤣🤣 oh, oh, what a typo….

VMCA...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just took my VMCA2022 and passed! :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very cool and congrats.  How did you find it?  Did you take the course for this one?  Just curious as I am trying to get the course before taking it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very cool and congrats.  How did you find it?  Did you take the course for this one?  Just curious as I am trying to get the course before taking it.

I’ll probably do a write up as I was working on my own study guide prior to this. I haven’t taken the course but could do the upgrade from VMCA v1.

I knew that getting the VMCA 2022 course approved would’ve been difficult and getting the time off to attend, so I’d been studying, comparing my old VMCE-ADO documentation to the v11 documentation and building an updated list from that. Part of me thought if I failed it would give a good argument to get to sit the updated course as I’d clearly need it.

In summary though, this isn’t an exam focused around remembering formulas. It’s about understanding customer requirements, constraints and objectives, then leveraging the right Veeam tool for the job. It’s not just about Veeam B&R, but Agent, Enterprise Manager and One also.

In particular, when I did my VMCE-ADO, NAS backup, Agent for Mac, immutability and CDP weren’t possibilities, so it’s worth ensuring you’ve explored these subjects, their requirements and their own limitations if you’ve not had to architect solutions with these products before.

I felt this exam was a little less difficult than the VMCA v1, but it’s certainly still a challenge, I had to go through my answers three times to be sure I’d matched everything to the right criteria!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ll probably do a write up as I was working on my own study guide prior to this. I haven’t taken the course but could do the upgrade from VMCA v1.

I knew that getting the VMCA 2022 course approved would’ve been difficult and getting the time off to attend, so I’d been studying, comparing my old VMCE-ADO documentation to the v11 documentation and building an updated list from that. Part of me thought if I failed it would give a good argument to get to sit the updated course as I’d clearly need it.

In summary though, this isn’t an exam focused around remembering formulas. It’s about understanding customer requirements, constraints and objectives, then leveraging the right Veeam tool for the job. It’s not just about Veeam B&R, but Agent, Enterprise Manager and One also.

In particular, when I did my VMCE-ADO, NAS backup, Agent for Mac, immutability and CDP weren’t possibilities, so it’s worth ensuring you’ve explored these subjects, their requirements and their own limitations if you’ve not had to architect solutions with these products before.

I felt this exam was a little less difficult than the VMCA v1, but it’s certainly still a challenge, I had to go through my answers three times to be sure I’d matched everything to the right criteria!

Very cool.  Look forward to the write-up and possible study guide.  I am trying to get the course but it sounds like I can use my old notes for VMCAv1 and do what you did.  :fingers_crossed_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MicoolPaul : Congratulations on passing VMCA 2022 🎖

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Congratulations @MicoolPaul  🎉🎉🎉

Which score is needed to pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Congratulations @MicoolPaul  🎉🎉🎉