Veeam Products End of Support Reminder - 2022

• 10 December 2021
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Just a quick reminder to everyone that all good things must end at some point. The following products will no longer be supported by Veeam from the 1st January 2022.

• Veeam Backup & Replication 9.x
  • Veeam ONE 9.x
  • Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 2.0 (Formerly known as Veeam Availability Orchestrator)
  • Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows v3
  • Veeam Agent for Linux v3

Also in the near future is the end of support for the following products:

• Veeam Service Provider Console v3 (March 2022)
  • Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v3 (April 2022)
  • Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v4 (November 2022)

You may be thinking “I haven’t seen an update for a long time for these products, I thought it was end of life anyway”. That’s because Veeam have a two-stage sunset policy for support.

Stage One: End of Fix

When a Veeam product reaches end of fix, no further updates/patches or hotfixes are created for this as the general rule. In extreme case-by-case circumstances, an exception may be made. But you can still engage with Veeam Support for assistance on this version.

Stage Two: End of Support

This is the sad stage we find ourselves approaching now, at this point, Veeam Support will no longer provide assistance for these versions. However, don’t panic, as long as you have an active maintenance agreement and support the new minimum requirements, you can upgrade to the newer versions of these products at no extra charge!

Secret Stage Three: End of Life

The not-so-secret stage three is that after end of support, Veeam may still have the end of support versions available to download for a while, but once they’ve been pulled, they’re officially at stage three, end of life. At this point, downloads can only be acquired on an exceptional case-by-case basis from Veeam.

To find out more about the Veeam Product Lifecycle, check out the dedicated page here.

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing.   This is good to keep in mind especially in the MSP realm of things with clients, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MicoolPaul Thank you for your kindly reminder! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good to know! It didn't have in my reach.

But no, I don’t have any 9.5 environment in my management. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Reminder of the following EOL this/next month:

• Veeam Service Provider Console v3 (March 2022)
  • Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v3 (April 2022)

Comment