Veeam Ports Finder Tool

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
  • Comes here often
  • 13 comments

Hi all. 

The EMEA SAs have recently just added a new tool to https://www.veeambp.com called the ‘Ports Finder’ (aka Ports Directory).

The idea behind the tool was to make it easier to find all the ports you need for a Veeam solution. It doesn’t provide mapping for specific hosts or any of the advanced feature that the Veeam Ports Tool provides.

Currently it only has VMware and Hyper-V ports; however, that will be changing soon and will have:

• VMware
  • Hyper-V
  • AHV
  • Enterprise Manager
  • All Explorers
  • Windows, Linux and Solaris Agents
  • VBR Integration with AWS and Azure
  • Veeam ONE
  • O365
  • VDRO

All the port mappings were pulled directly from their respective webpages so they are 100% accurate. We will aim to keep the database updated as things change or are added over time. 

Ed

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@EdxH thanks for sharing. Always looking to add ports to my diagrams and when people ask for a port list this is the ideal location.  Will check it out for sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice! I think Veeam does a decent job having them in the respective User Guides. But, since Veeam has grown so huge/complex, maybe it’s time to expand them out into their own Guide even? Thoughts?

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nice! I think Veeam does a decent job having them in the respective User Guides. But, since Veeam has grown so huge/complex, maybe it’s time to expand them out into their own Guide even? Thoughts?

Cheers!

Considering the number of apps and ports required I think a separate guide would be a great idea.  A one stop reference for all things ports. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Exactly my point. And, see my comment in the Rasmus Pop Quiz post… :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@EdxH Thanks for sharing, easy search for ports :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That is a very useful tool :sunglasses:  I was searching for the necessary ports forever each time…

Thank you @EdxH 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A really useful tool and much easier then searching the ports through the documentation 👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@EdxH Thanks for sharing

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for sharing! Port finder helps a lot!

I also like the Ports Tool

Needs some time to go through, but at the end you get a list you can export to Excel.

@eprieto wrote a post about it a few month ago: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This page tools is the salvation...:nerd:

Comment