Veeam Certified Engineer 2021 Exam Released & Reviewed

Show first post

114 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thank you @Chris.Childerhose@MicoolPaul@vNote42@Nico Losschaert 😃

Userlevel 1

Congrats to all of the members whom had passed the certification. If you dnt mind kindly share the guide book which you people followed to pass the exam.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @mumer19 ,
have alook at @haslund s great sample question videos at youtube. These videos are a great source of information.

Do a search here in the community for Rasmus Haslund and you will find many references to the videos. At the moment he is posting a great series of vidoes for the VMCA exam, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congrats to all of the members whom had passed the certification. If you dnt mind kindly share the guide book which you people followed to pass the exam.

Thank you.

Thank you @JMeixner and others for the kind mentions :blush:

@mumer19: I put together a mini-study guide here along with three separate (unofficial) practice exams for about 150 questions.

The journey should definitely start with looking at the official exam guide and then start moving through each line and using the traffic light system (see linked video below for more details on how to prepare).

Userlevel 1

@haslund Thank you for sharing the video...as I want to proceed with the certification so I need Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management guide that it would be easy for me to study first and after that give the practice quiz that you are sharing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello

the course “Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management” is a prerequisite for taking the VMCE exam.

You have to take the course and there you will get a bunch of materials to study.

Userlevel 1

Dear Members thank you for the guide.

Kindly guide me the step by step procedure for preparation of VMCE 2021 certification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I take the following approach:

• Get hands-on experience with as much Veeam products as possible.
  • Take the Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management course.
  • Study the materials and the labs given during the course.
  • Study the sample question videos.
  • Take the exam 😎
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I take the following approach:

• Get hands-on experience with as much Veeam products as possible.
  • Take the Availability Suite v11: Configuration and Management course.
  • Study the materials and the labs given during the course.
  • Study the sample question videos.
  • Take the exam 😎

I second this and be sure you get hands on as that is very important. Also the videos and questions from @haslund are invaluable to use for study. If you get to the VMCA level they are great too.  Bit follow this stuff and you will be able to take the test.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Thank you.

Hi Mumer19.

I think how you prepare really depends. For the VMCE if you have a lot of experience with Veeam then I would go over the practice exams very thoroughly and identify areas that you don’t know or never work with. After that I would focus on the User guides for those particular areas. 

If you don’t have a lot of experience with Veeam then it is really a good idea to setup a lab and start working on muscle memory for all the basics, then move to the step above. 

As for the VMCA, in my opinion this is a different animal. Here I believe concentration and logic play huge roles. Obviously you need Veeam knowledge but compared to VMCAv1 in my opinion this VMCA2022 is much more procedural and the emphasis should be on focus. Again @haslund has great practice exam questions that would get you prepared for this. 

On a personal note after doing a whole bunch of certification exams last year in a relatively short period I found that listening to Tibetan singing bowls beforehand really helped. Not joking :). I tend to get nervous and mentally hyperactive before exams so my brain is running all over the place. This is dangerous as it can result in stupid errors and carelessness. The sound of the bowls I found calmed me down enormously. Again this is a very individual thing but I would advise that unless you have nerves of steel you find some method to get yourself calmly focused. You don’t want to fail not because you were not ready but because you were not in the right frame of mind.

Good Luck!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I just passed my exam with 89%.
@haslund Thanks for the great materials to study with. 

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congrats @vergoted, well done! 89% is a VeeAmazing score! I am proud to hear you found the materials useful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Regards

Congrats on the pass. Nice score for sure and Rasmus's material is top notch. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Congratulations @vergoted 

Comment