Veeam 12.1.2 My favorite :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

​​​​​​This one for me stands out the most when it comes to Veeam 12.1.2 😀

• Scale-out backup repositories now support multiple Performance Tier and Capacity Tier extents backed by Smart Object Storage API (SOSAPI) enabled object storage.

This was a big issue for scaling and now it has been sloved.

Now if Veeam would just get M365 to support SOSAPI. 

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

grate news m8. ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

That is a great feature, altho I no longer use SOBRs. I have yet to look over all the updates which got released, but I’m hoping quite a few updates were released for the Malware Detection engine. 🙏🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This was one that caught my eye as well as I will test this with OOTBI when I get it to the DC.  Looking forward to going over the notes for this release and the previous one to maybe do another book too.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I avoid SOBR’s when I can.  They have a place really, but honestly after having issues evacuating a capacity extent to a new extent (new server, lots of workstation backups causing issues), I’d rather avoid them personally.  Still, looks like a pretty great feature-add!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Before rebalancing and the capability to move backups it was pretty rough. I would stick to maximum 3 extents. In some cases just one extent but needed the ability to offload to capacity tier. 

The SOSAPI addition supporting multiple extents should help auto load balance the smart entities if I understand things correctly. I setup in my lab a multi-extent Performance tier SOBR this morning and will see what happens

Comment