Veeam 100 Show #7

Veeam 100 Show - PowerShell Power-Up: Advanced Veeam Scanning Techniques using Scripts

Veeam 100 Show - PowerShell Power-Up: Advanced Veeam Scanning Techniques using Scripts
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Happy Thursday, Community! We had our April V100 Show earlier today: PowerShell Power-Up: Advanced Veeam Scanning Techniques using Scripts. The V100 Show highlights the innovations of our Veeam 100 members and how they are benefiting the community at large. 

@Cassandra Faris was joined by @MicoolPaul @SteveHeart who covered the power of PowerShell and Veeam. With the sharing of use cases, benefits, and demos that prove the importance of backup testing, this is a packed show you should watch. Catch the replay here! 

Find Steve’s scripts:

VBR Backup AV & YARA Scan

Data Integration API Script

Guest Index Data Scan Manager

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This was a great episode especially with the new Yara stuff. Really enjoyed it and great work to all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey..thank you for sharing this @safiya . I wasn’t able to catch it. Will for sure do so now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for joining our session! Some additional notes from my side:

Happy weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks @Cassandra Faris @MicoolPaul @SteveHeart 

I really enjoyed the show and learnt some new things too which is always really helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you everyone that watched, live or on demand! And a huge round of applause to @SteveHeart for his amazing contributions to the Veeam community! Steve makes my favourite product feature (SureBackup) even better! 🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you everyone that watched, live or on demand! And a huge round of applause to @SteveHeart for his amazing contributions to the Veeam community! Steve makes my favourite product feature (SureBackup) even better! 🎉

Sounds like you are a massive fan of SureBackup @MicoolPaul 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you everyone that watched, live or on demand! And a huge round of applause to @SteveHeart for his amazing contributions to the Veeam community! Steve makes my favourite product feature (SureBackup) even better! 🎉

Yes definitely a great product piece of Veeam for sure.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Excellent content, I definitely love powershell, its simplicity, portability and multiplatform integration makes this language truly great.

A curious fact, the creator of powershell was greatly influenced by Unix pipelines. So when he designed the language he tried to emulate this concept and integrated other capabilities found in older scripting languages. In essence, concepts considered archaic from Unix were able to contribute to the creation of Microsoft's main management platform!!!!!

Here is an interview with the creator of Powershell. Very interesting to know the history of the language design, the challenges he had in this process and the ins and outs about Microsoft.

Enjoy your weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks Michael,

that reminds me of the song by U2: „Even better than the real thing“ 😂. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Wow, this is great and cool usage scenario, thank you @MicoolPaul, @Cassandra Faris and @SteveHeart for sharing.

Comment