Solved

Upgrade (v11a to v12) Problem

Userlevel 3
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 6 comments

Hello, 

I have made upgrade from Licences 9.5b to 11a Community Edition without any Problem, but by upgrading to Version 12 Community Edition it gives me this: “[Error] Private fixes detected. Please contact our Customer Support to remove the following private fixes that are not supported by the new product version: TFS000100”

There is no thread about TFS000100. In Registry there are no “Private fixes” found. Any idea?

icon

Best answer by Kralik 13 May 2024, 10:55

View original

19 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you recall any “fixes” Support has helped you with in the past? Best bet is to contact Veeam Support to see what this is/was, so you can remove it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There was another thread about this as it had to do with the database, but you are going to need to contact Support more than like.

I think that is the only way to solve this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I did find a Veeam KB about this error, with potential workarounds:

https://www.veeam.com/kb4204

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kralik !
Do you have version 11.0.1.1261 P20240304 ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I did find a Veeam KB about this error:

https://www.veeam.com/kb4204

This should help with the cumulative patch piece towards the end.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Kralik !

Yes, exactly that version

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Kralik !

Check out the KB I shared as it may help you @Kralik 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Kralik !

Check out this KB as it appears you might have to wait for 12.1.2 instead of 12.1 version - KB4245: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 11a Cumulative Patches

Userlevel 3

Hi @Kralik !

Check out the KB I shared as it may help you @Kralik 

Thank you, I will make the clean reinstall of this Version 11a and we will see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Kralik - ok, keep us posted how it turns out.

Userlevel 3

Great Thanks to everybody, I haven´t expected so quick reactions. You are the best. Tomorrow I will reinstall. I will let you know, if it helped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Kralik !

Hi, if you’re doing a clean install then you could purge the DB and go straight to v12.1. Your issue is that the final 2024 build of v11 doesn’t yet have an upgrade path to v12.1, this will change soon but until then, those on that final path can’t move to v12. Your options are to restore a 9.5 backup and upgrade to an older v11 build then to v12, or just fresh install of v12.1 and import your backups and recreate jobs etc.

I personally would just take screenshots of your existing backup jobs, do a fresh v12.1 install and recreate them after backup imports, otherwise I would build a new v12.1 server and just recreate your jobs by looking at your old server

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great Thanks to everybody, I haven´t expected so quick reactions. You are the best. Tomorrow I will reinstall. I will let you know, if it helped. 

Keep us posted but as noted by Michael think about 12.1 directly.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Kralik !

Hi, if you’re doing a clean install then you could purge the DB and go straight to v12.1. Your issue is that the final 2024 build of v11 doesn’t yet have an upgrade path to v12.1, this will change soon but until then, those on that final path can’t move to v12. Your options are to restore a 9.5 backup and upgrade to an older v11 build then to v12, or just fresh install of v12.1 and import your backups and recreate jobs etc.

I personally would just take screenshots of your existing backup jobs, do a fresh v12.1 install and recreate them after backup imports, otherwise I would build a new v12.1 server and just recreate your jobs by looking at your old server

Hope this helps.

Seems like better idea. For example today I have made upgrade another Server with Veeam Version 11 (not version 11a) to 12 and it has been working just fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Kralik !

Hope this helps.

Seems like better idea. For example today I have made upgrade another Server with Veeam Version 11 (not version 11a) to 12 and it has been working just fine.

I think the upgrade issue is dependent on the current version installed like the latest patch for 11a being an issue.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Kralik !

Hope this helps.

I have done clean uninstall of Veeam 11a and installed Version 12 + all Backup Task renewed. 
Upgrade to Version 12 is possible only from version 11 (NOT a), that I have also tested last week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue with a clean install of v12.  Be sure to mark the best answer for your question that helped you solve your issue - the one that helped the most.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice! Glad doing so took care of your issue.

Userlevel 3

Nice! Glad doing so took care of your issue.

Thank you, I will be back with another Issue :-) 

Comment