Skip to main content

Just read the announcement of Anand EswaranVeeam Is Now The Tied #1 Data Replication & Protection Provider Worldwide! 

https://www.veeam.com/blog/number-one-data-replication-protection-provider-worldwide.html

Veeam has reached the status of being tied as the #1 provider worldwide during 2H’21 in IDC’s data replication and protection market.

Nice global data:

• #1 in EMEA
  • #1 in LATAM
  • #3 in APJ

A part for this great success is certainly also the strong community 😀

It‘s a „tied“ #1, i.e. both Veeam and Dell are considered to be #1 because the difference in market share is less than 0.5%

It‘s a „tied“ #1, i.e. both Veeam and Dell are considered to be #1 because the difference in market share is less than 0.5%

Shame on me! I missed this point completely. Thanks for clarification! 

That’s awesome 😁 I wonder if Veeam includes Kasten?

That is amazing and hopefully they will be the only #1 soon and separate from Dell. 😃

Yes, as I understand it, IDC methodology has a rule that within a certain range of difference the result would be a tie.

I tried to find out, but couldn't find something. I guess it will!

I guess 1H’22 Veeam will be only #1 😀

I tried to find out, but couldn't find something. I guess it will!

One thing I’ll say is that IDC doesn’t track K8s backup as a segment specifically and put out market standings as such for that segment; but the revenue in which we were compared upon includes our Kasten revenue. So there’s that. 

Although the first place is shared with Dell, it's still nice to see Veeam being #1; really deserved 🥇

Although the first place is shared with Dell, it's still nice to see Veeam being #1; really deserved 🥇

Highly agree. I started using Veeam from when it was version 5, and haven’t looked back since. Very well deserved.

Comment