Ootbi meets the Veeam Community Hub

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Everyone It’s Ootbi!

Ootbi is Everywhere and now at the Hub!

Today Ootbi showed up at the Veeam Community Hub. Ootbi took one look and loved it. So many brilliant people posting interesting and helpful topics! Ootbi decided to participate as well and hijacked NKGG’s account! Its ok Ootbi is NKGG’s friend so all good.

Remember though in real life never let anyone use your account or credentials anywhere for anything!

So who and what is Ootbi? Ootbi stands for Out of the box Immutability! Ransomware is getting worse all the time so you really want Ootbi Everywhere!

Why don’t we take our first look at Ootbi?

Here is the login screen:

Login Screen

After logging in we get a cool dashboard with information:

Dashboard

Ootbi is simple and intuitive. 

There are some performance metrics on the bottom of the dashboard:

performance

Ootbi runs very smoothly but if you ever need to contact support you won’t have to wander around trying to find logs all over the place, Ootbi servers them up for you:

Support Bundle

You can have a number of Nodes and see them here (Don’t mistake these for Nodes in Kubernetes 😉)

Nodes

If you press on show details you get this:

Details

Ootbi takes monitoring very seriously, you can monitor Live, by Day, by Week or by Month

Monitoring

In this test lab there is only one Node otherwise we would have some internode communication statistics as well:

In Networking we can see both of our connections:

Of course the disk are the heart of the operation:

Finally for this week we will take our first peak at Buckets: 

Buckets

That is all for this week. Ootbi will be back!

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really want to get my hands on a unit to test. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

🤣Is that not too much to ask for? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I meant for my company not me. 😜😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You are on the secret list that is up for approval soo :) , well not so secret now. By the way if anyone is interested in getting on the list DM me. Obviously if you are consultant, VASP or someone who might actually use these or advise people to use them (after you are satisfied with them) then make sure you mention that and I can push that as well :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You are on the secret list that is up for approval soon :), well not so secret now. By the way if anyone is interested in getting on the list DM me. Obviously if you are consultant, VASP or someone who might actually use these or advise people to use them (after you are satisfied with them) then make sure you mention that and I can push that as well :) 

Woohoo on the secret list. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You are on the secret list that is up for approval soon :), well not so secret now. By the way if anyone is interested in getting on the list DM me. Obviously if you are consultant, VASP or someone who might actually use these or advise people to use them (after you are satisfied with them) then make sure you mention that and I can push that as well :) 

Good stuff! Great work!!! Tons of articles need to be created around this product in order to spread the word! A box for @Chris.Childerhose will be great as he will deliver interesting articles🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Geoff Burke, Ootbi is a fantastic solution! Simple, performatic, and affordable. We have carried out proofs of concept (POCs) with several customers, and the feedback is extremely positive! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You are on the secret list that is up for approval soo :) , well not so secret now. By the way if anyone is interested in getting on the list DM me. Obviously if you are consultant, VASP or someone who might actually use these or advise people to use them (after you are satisfied with them) then make sure you mention that and I can push that as well :) 

Secret list you say… 🤔

Thanks for the quick intro of OOTBI, been very interested in them for a few months now after talking to their stall at VeeamOn 2023

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Secret list you say… 🤔

Thanks for the quick intro of OOTBI, been very interested in them for a few months now after talking to their stall at VeeamOn 2023

Not really, my attempts at firing up interest. Basically if anyone is interested DM me. There is definitely a place for some demo units to be out there with some Vanguards and Legends!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Same boat…..I’m not sure if it’s going to be appropriate on the lower end of my client spectrum, but I have some of my larger clients where OOTBI would fit well if the price-point fits as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I like all the statists and graphs. My biggest gripe with IBM storage is the monitoring.  Storage Insights is amazing and logs every possible statistic and metric, but is super expensive. 

Comment