My personal story about VeeamOn Miami 2023!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to share some of my experiences and thoughts after the trip, and sitting now and reflexing of them after a crazy week! (My Inbox was packed! as many of you I guess)

Lucky me, I have the “privilege” to meet and flight with @jos.maliepaard  and @mkevenaar!
We met in Madrid, and instantly starting chatting and discussing like we knew each other for some time! awesome!

The flight was “looooong” and we made it to Miami evening, soo tired and hungry!

Back to the hotel, we were not in the mood of having dinner, so we went for a couple of drinks after the check in! 

The days were great, the hotel had amazing pools, ambience, people around 24x7, and I started realizing were I was located at, Miami, Florida, USA!! OMG!

Next day, getting ready for registration, I met @Scott , and instantly we connected and starting chatting and exchanging time, ideas and interests! amazing buddy!

The only bad thing, I can highlight, I lost my voice, I gave my best effort to continue chatting and spreading the word about our awesome and cool community!!

The Sessions were good, but the thing I ejoyed the most was to hang around the community booth, and meeting all the Veeam100 members I could ever imagine! such an experience!

The parties were awesome, the vendors amazing, I’ve got my Hoodie!! that is gold!! love it! 

By the third day, I realized something, two “big groups” around the place,
“The Canadians” and “The Dutch Mafia”

OMG I’ve never believe so much people speaking dutch together at the same place / city!

I had so much fun with them!
The cool thing was that “The Canadians” operated more during evening, and “The Dutchies” (The Dutch Mafia) operated more during the day: Morning - noon.

As I said, great memories, great conversations, I didn't think before flying that I could meet such great people, open minded, etc.

I also had the opportunity to share some personal experiences, thoughts and feelings that I never thought I would be able or capable to do so.

For me was not only a Veeam / tech event, it was a full trip that exploded my expectations!
Professionally and personally!

Thank you all for making this so special for me.
And special thanks to the people I engaged the most during VeeamOn! you all know who you are, 😊

See you all soon.

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great recap Luis.  It was also great to meet you and hopefully those Optane drives are coming in handy.  😉😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I love the “Dutch Mafia” and “The Canadians” I will never look at the V100 the same way again!

The one thing I always enjoy about Veeam On is the networking and community involvement!

I am glad you had a great time at Veeam On! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great recap Luis.  It was also great to meet you and hopefully those Optane drives are coming in handy.  😉😎

ssssshhh, those are coming in cap 2!!
thanks a lot for bringing them to Miami!

cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

ssssshhh, those are coming in cap 2!!
thanks a lot for bringing them to Miami!

cheers!

LOL ok 😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Great recap @HunterLAFR  . And nice to meet you in person 😊 The Veeam community is 2nd to none! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Really great to me with connect with you Luis.  Looking forward to collaborating with you and hope to see you in Prague as well.

Comment