How to add the Veeam Knowledge Base RSS to Feedly and Microsoft Outlook

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi! Sometimes I receive Twitter Direct Messages asking how I can receive the latest Veeam News that fresh. It is actually very simple, on this quick tip we are going to learn how to keep up to date with everything that happens in the Veeam Knowledge Base, starting with new articles into the KB to updates or revisions of them, following those simple steps, we will be updated of any change or new support for X, or Y.

In a perfect world, these steps we would have to make them for all the manufacturers that compose our Datacenter, as good practice, but for today I show you how to add the KB of Veeam 

How to add the Veeam Knowledge Base to Feedly

The first thing I want to tell you is how to add it to your Feedly, which is probably your favorite RSS reader, at least mine, from the main Feedly website, we will click on the + icon on the left:We will introduce the URL of the RSS of Veeam Knowledge Base – https://www.veeam.com/services/open/kb/rss-feed and the following will appear:Once we subscribe, we can see all the latest news, and of course know before anyone else all the updates, etc.
I hope it helps you, let’s see how to do it in Microsoft Outlook.

How to add the Veeam Knowledge Base RSS to Microsoft Outlook

Add RSS and read them comfortably in Microsoft Outlook is another very elegant option to read all the updates or news, from our email client we will go to the option called RSS Subscriptions, inside our Mailbox:We will introduce the complete URL of the RSS of the Veeam Knowledge Base – https://www.veeam.com/services/open/kb/rss-feed

It will ask us if we want to add this RSS, we will say yes, of course:

If we had clicked on Advanced, because we are very curious, we could mark some extra options, such as the location of the RSS, etc.:

We can already see how it downloads news and updates:And to give you an example, I had no idea that Red Hat Ceph Storage had been certified by Veeam Ready for Object Storage, but now I know thanks to have the latest updates. That’s all folks, I hope you like it and it might be of use for you.

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Can't belive that no one replied to your post @jorge.delacruz! Probably everyone but me knew about the RSS feed 😅

Is there a way to get more articles then 5? At least Outlook and Flym aren't showing more entries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can't belive that no one replied to your post @jorge.delacruz! Probably everyone but me knew about the RSS feed 😅

Is there a way to get more articles then 5? At least Outlook and Flym aren't showing more entries.

I use Feedly on my phone and I can browse all but it defaults to anything less than two days old in its “today” feed. +1 for Feedly it’s awesome

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have to try this 😎

Some automatism in news collecting would be fine….

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Added to Outlook and will put Feedly on my phone too.  Great article.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice guide, thanks mate!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

At the moment www.veeam.com/kb_rss isn’t reachable and ends in a HTTP 404...:sweat:  @jorge.delacruz Do you know if the URL has changed or did Veeam stop publishing the RSS feed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

At the moment www.veeam.com/kb_rss isn’t reachable and ends in a HTTP 404...:sweat:  @jorge.delacruz Do you know if the URL has changed or did Veeam stop publishing the RSS feed?

I had this happen and added it again to Outlook.  Then I removed the old one and it seems to be working again. Unsure why it broke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

At the moment www.veeam.com/kb_rss isn’t reachable and ends in a HTTP 404...:sweat:  @jorge.delacruz Do you know if the URL has changed or did Veeam stop publishing the RSS feed?

I had this happen and added it again to Outlook.  Then I removed the old one and it seems to be working again. Unsure why it broke.

Yes, but now the whole website isn’t reachable…. So, no connection at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, but now the whole website isn’t reachable…. So, no connection at all.

That is odd cause mine is syncing fine. :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Perhaps it's a geographical issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Perhaps it's a geographical issue?

Possibly as I have not seen any errors in Outlook. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello,

I might have transitioned to the next URL a few months ago and forgot to add it here, give it a try, please:

To me, it is syncing as expected, I will try to find more useful RSS and add it here as well.

Let me know @regnor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you @jorge.delacruz 

It is working with the new URL...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you very much @jorge.delacruz, this URL is working for me :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Amazing, I have edited the main post with the correct URL then. Appreciated guys!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Something new happened on the KB page :-)

if you don‘t want to use rss, you can now subscriped to a weekly newsletter 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Something new happened on the KB page :-)

if you don‘t want to use rss, you can now subscriped to a weekly newsletter 🙂

That is cool too.  Might do both. :smiley:

Comment