Skip to main content

If you are a certified IT pro, trainer or blogger, Veeam is happy to provide you with a FREE NFR license (Not-For-Resale keys).

This license allows for non production use of Veeam Availability Suite in your home lab, without any feature limitations for one year and 20 workloads (VMs/Servers/Workstations) or of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 in your home lab without any feature limitations for up to 10 users.

Here is a list of IT members eligible for a free Veeam NFR license key:

• Veeam Certified Engineers (VMCEs)
  • AWS Heroes
  • AWS Community Builders
  • AWS Heroes
  • AWS Certified Pros
  • Google Cloud Developer Advocates
  • VMware vExperts
  • VMware Certified Professionals (VCPs)
  • VMware Certified Advanced Professionals (VCAPs)
  • Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)
  • Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals - Office 365 (MVPs)
  • Microsoft Certified Solutions Experts (MCSEs)
  • VMware, Microsoft, AWS trainers
  • And more!

Free NFR for Veeam Availability Suite https://go.veeam.com/free-nfr-veeam-availability-suite

Free NFR for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 https://go.veeam.com/free-nfr-veeam-backup-microsoft-office-365

Free NFR for Veeam Backup for AWS https://go.veeam.com/free-nfr-aws-backup

Feel free to write any questions and comments below!

@Tom1 You get a license for the Veeam Data Platform - Premium edition. And this includes Veeam ONE and the Veeam Recovery Orchestrator.

@Meitantei Are you maybe a Veeam Partner? If so, you can request a NFR license from you partner account manager. If not, maybe @Madi.Cristil can help.

@regnor

Thanks for your response and answering my question - that's great.

Yes, the company I work for is a Veeam Partner; I'll check back here at the appropriate place.

Tried to apply for a license in parallel via the official request page for NFR licenses and it worked; hope that's ok.

Best regards 
Sebastian 

Hello,

last year I asked if it was possible to get a Veeam Data Platform NFR license and this was possible - thanks again. 

Now my license has expired and I would like to renew it if possible. I have written to your sales support about this - but so far without an answer.

Then I came across this thread again and saw that the right way is to apply for a new license - see post by @MicoolPaul

Unfortunately this did not work. I received an e-mail with instructions for downloading the software - but no new license. 

Maybe there is someone here who can help me? 

P.S. I am still an IT professional and can prove this again. 

Many thanks for your efforts in advance.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Hello,

last year I asked if it was possible to get a Veeam Data Platform NFR license and this was possible - thanks again. 

Now my license has expired and I would like to renew it if possible. I have written to your sales support about this - but so far without an answer.

Then I came across this thread again and saw that the right way is to apply for a new license - see post by @MicoolPaul

Unfortunately this did not work. I received an e-mail with instructions for downloading the software - but no new license. 

Best regards,
Sebastian

Hi @Meitantei ! Please check your email!

Hello,

Then I came across this thread again and saw that the right way is to apply for a new license - see post by @MicoolPaul

Best regards,
Sebastian

Hi @Meitantei ! Please check your email!

Hi @Madi.Cristil - Thank you very much for your support.

Hi!  The same as a previous poster... My home lab's NFR license is shortly going to be expiring, and I went to the same site/form I'd used in the past to request another license.  It provided me with the ISO installer, but no license... Checked my email, spam, etc.  for good measure tried again but still no license.  If anyone at Veeam could assist, I'd be most appreciative!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Already had an NFR key that’s just expired, and it wasn’t letting me renew it!

“Our records indicate that you have already received a NFR license.”

I’ve been using NFR keys for about 5 years for a test lab, the tickbox under licensing to report back and automatically update the license is also checked.

Same here as dcuk24, I couldn’t renew NFR license this time while it worked for years.

Same here as dcuk24, I couldn’t renew NFR license this time while it worked for years.

Hi @dcuk24 and @riversidex ! 

I sent you each an email. 

Hope to see you more often in the community :) 

Best, 

Madi

I’m in the same boat as @dcuk24 and @riversidex.  My NFR key for my homelab expired today but I also received the “Our records indicate that you have already received a NFR license.” message when I reapplied.  @Madi.Cristil would you be able to assist me as well?

I have almost the same problem. My NFR soon expires and the VBR GUI tells me to renew. Everytime I request a new NFR, I immediately receive my old soon-to-expire license. How can I request and receive a new NFR?

Comment