Skip to main content

First .Next 2024 - Nutanix Conference

Hi everyone!

I just started my jurney into Nutanix, and I had the chance to attend the .Next conference last week in Barcelona.

the venue was great, same place as vmexplore, I went there for a previous conference before, but the space and area were great, not to extense, close and well signed.

I also took the chance to became a NCP-NCI certified, so Im so pleased and this week really worth it.

Here I will share some more pics, you may see some other familiar faces….

Spain vExperts in the picture.
Thanks Sean Torres!
poor .Next, didnt survive!

I didn´t take any pic at the Veeam Booth, but, the VUG Spain community was present and left a little gift for the “fastest” attendees…

VUG Spain Stickers!

cheers.

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Very cool!! What was that exam like and how long did you prepare for it? I assume it is one step higher than NCA?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Very cool!! What was that exam like and how long did you prepare for it? I assume it is one step higher than NCA?

Hey Geoff, thanks for asking
I did the Nutanix University Course, I checked some other online resources (their community site, 🤐), and also I setup a little Lab with their Community edition to have some hands on locally, and finally a few Test drives from their website.

The exam was pretty much like vmware`s VCP-DCV cert, 75 questions, limited time and multiple choises.

I took the course in person at the .Next event, and after the course (it was a refresh class) lunch, and the Cert Exam.

Yes, NCP-MCI is one step higher than the NCA, is Professional, not Associate.

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Were you able to get Prism central working with Community edition by any chance? My lab is stretched for resources and it could not handle that vm :(  as by default it wants to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was hoping there was a way to cut down the resource since test env but could not find an answer to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Congrats on the exam. Looks like a great event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Geoff, thanks for asking
I did the Nutanix University Course, I checked some other online resources (their community site, 🤐), and also I setup a little Lab with their Community edition to have some hands on locally, and finally a few Test drives from their website.

The exam was pretty much like vmware`s VCP-DCV cert, 75 questions, limited time and multiple choises.

I took the course in person at the .Next event, and after the course (it was a refresh class) lunch, and the Cert Exam.

Yes, NCP-MCI is one step higher than the NCA, is Professional, not Associate.

Cheers!

Prior preparation helped me in clearing both exams! The Nutanix University course and the course on “Pluralsight: Nutanix the big picture” etc helped me. 

Comment