Changing vCenter Name on Veeam

Show first post

39 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @vNote42 , good to know. I always recommend using FQDN for all components, but often I see IP-addresses being used...

I really hate environments based on IP address. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @vNote42 , good to know. I always recommend using FQDN for all components, but often I see IP-addresses being used...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I  can confirm, this works for Repository and/or Proxy Server as well! Because VBR manages these servers in its server-list as well (get/set-vbrserver), exact the same steps works here too!

I have to add: changing the address of a proxy/repo-server works fine.

But: Name-column remains unchanged. In my case I changed IP to FQDN. After that IP remains for name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@wolff.mateus , thx a lot for sharing, I was not aware that is possible. Nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@wolff.mateus : Great Share, Thanks a lot !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I  can confirm, this works for Repository and/or Proxy Server as well! Because VBR manages these servers in its server-list as well (get/set-vbrserver), exact the same steps works here too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I didn’t know that either; that’s well hidden...thanks, @wolff.mateus 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great tip @wolff.mateus ! Didn’t know this!

I guess this just works when the vCenter is the same. Right?

Yeah @vNote42! It just works with the same database of vCenter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Great tip @wolff.mateus ! Didn’t know this!

I guess this just works when the vCenter is the same. Right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nice description. This is very useful for me, as the backup servers are often setup before services like DNS are available. Up to now I kept the IP in VBR, but it is nice to be able to change it to the DNS Name afterwards. :sunglasses:

Exactly @JMeixner

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great tip “wolff”! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A great tip that usually no one realizes can be done.  Used this many times to change the VC name as we upgraded our infrastructure DCs and named the vCenter differently.  Now vCloud is another story and that one is SQL DB stuff. :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice description. This is very useful for me, as the backup servers are often setup before services like DNS are available. Up to now I kept the IP in VBR, but it is nice to be able to change it to the DNS Name afterwards. :sunglasses:

Comment