Question

Has anyone successfully implemented Veeam in a multi-cloud data center environment

• 22 January 2024
  • 3 comments

Hello Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring the implementation of Veeam in a multi-cloud data center environment and wanted to reach out to this knowledgeable community for insights and experiences.

Has anyone successfully implemented Veeam in a multi-cloud setup? I'm particularly interested in understanding the challenges faced, best practices adopted, and any valuable lessons learned during the process.

I believe your real-world experiences will provide valuable insights for others in the community who may be considering or currently navigating a similar implementation. Your feedback can make a significant difference, so please feel free to share your thoughts and recommendations.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @charlesdevis!

It is possible to protect many types of workloads hosted in different clouds, whether private, hybrid, or multi-cloud. The architecture varies depending on the infrastructure and services that must be protected.

I'm sure this community can help you. Please can you describe which clouds and services you need to protect?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We have a hosted instance that protects our own private cloud instance and also protects workloads we have in AWS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

While I don’t have explicit experience implementing Veeam with Cloud solutions, I’ve heard from colleagues it works well. I guess to start off, as suggested above, it would be beneficial to share what concerns you have so others here can address them. They can also share what additional challenges they’ve run into as well.

For more on Veeam integration with AWS, Azure, and Google, you can skim through Veeam’s Cloud Plugin User Guides for each here (AWS), here (Azure), and here (Google); and also Veeam Backup for AWS, Azure, and Google.

Cheers!

Comment