Solved

Not able to login into ROSA cluster

• 15 November 2022
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello team,

I get the below error when I try login to my cluster

[cloudshell-user@ip-10-0-155-167 new-cluster]$ oc login https://api.rosa4samhita1.cp3z.p1.openshiftapps.com:6443 --username cluster-admin --
The server uses a certificate signed by an unknown authority.
You can bypass the certificate check, but any data you send to the server could be intercepted by others.
Use insecure connections? (y/n): y

Login failed (401 Unauthorized)
Verify you have provided correct credentials.

Thanks,

Prasanna

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 15 November 2022, 14:50

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

@Rick Vanover / @Madi.Cristil can we edit this message to hide the password & identifiable information?

@Prasanna Keshava I suggest you change your password as it looks like you’ve shared it publicly.

As for the login issue, I would suggest typing “oc login” and then specifying your username & password line by line as prompted for the credentials. Once you know your credentials are working this way, then I’d see if you need to capture your credentials in something such as single quotes (‘) or double quotes (“)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

@Rick Vanover@Madi.Cristil can we edit this message to hide the password & identifiable information?

@Prasanna KeshavaI suggest you change your password as it looks like you’ve shared it publicly.

As for the login issue, I would suggest typing “oc login” and then specifying your username & password line by line as prompted for the credentials. Once you know your credentials are working this way, then I’d see if you need to capture your credentials in something such as single quotes (‘) or double quotes (“)

Hey @MicoolPaul ! Thank you for noticing that! I removed the password from the post! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Team,

Thanks for the suggestions, I have changed my credentials of my cluster, and things are working now.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for letting us know that was the problem, have a good day!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi team,

I have a created a ROSA cluster, successfully installed K10 on top of it. Have PGSQL installed in the cluster. This has been running successfully for a week. Today I get the below message in my K8 cluster.

Your cluster requires you to take action because it is no longer checking in with Red Hat OpenShift Cluster Manager. Possible causes include stopping instances or a networking misconfiguration. If you have stopped the cluster instances, please start them again - stopping instances is not supported. If you intended to terminate this cluster then please delete the cluster in the Red Hat console”

Now I am not able to access my K10 dashboard even. But the K8 dashboard doesn’t show any issue/error.

What should I do to get this issue resolved.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sounds like a network problem, as it’s impacting your entire cluster, I don’t believe this is K10 related

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Michael,

I agree with you. But I don’t find any issue/error in the K8 cluster dashboard. How to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Comment