Veeam Certified Engineer Training and Certification Review

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Recently, I had the privilege to attend a three-day Veeam Availability Suite: Configuration and Management (VMCE) course provided by Veeam from on the 7th - 9th December2022. Veeam Technical Education Services offers two industry certifications which are as follows “Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)” and the “Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA)“.

Please check out the blogpost for a comprehensive information on this topic.

After completion of the course, you will be able to effectively install, configure and manage Veeam Availability Suite. Thus, the knowledge gained will be evident in your practical and production environment. 

Some individuals made this course possible for me. Special thanks to Veeam Community Leadership: @Rick Vanover @Madi.Cristil @safiya, and @NikolaPejkova. Also, special thanks to these folks @haslund and @Federica

Veeam Backup & Replication v11 brings balance to your data protection objectives with a 4-in-1 solution, combining storage snapshots, backup, replication and Continuous Data Protection under a single platform. Protect, manage and unleash your data with V11, with over 200+ new features and updates.

Why should you take the VMCE Exam?

The VMCE certification is a testament that an administrator or engineer has gained the necessary level of expertise to protect an organisation’s data with Veeam Availability Suite. The VMCE certification is documented evidence that an engineer processes the required level of expertise to deploy correctly, configure, and administer Veeam Availability Suite V11. This is a paramount and crucial function required by an organisation to actively have its data protected.

This VMCE certification is a fantastic investment for an IT professional looking to increase productivity, reduce operating costs, drive personal career advancement, and obtain industry recognition in data protection. Below are some more reasons to be certified. As a VMCE, you can:

• Advanced troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues more efficiently.
  • You will gain the confidence needed to meet the ever-increasing IT needs of your organisation.
  • Bragging rights, and the opportunity to display the VMCE logo on your social platforms and website! The VMCE certification will help distinguish you from your peers!

How can Enterprises benefit from VMCE training?

Offering professional development opportunities makes your company more attractive to new candidates. Offering your employees the opportunity for personal growth and development, you’ll have more skilled, knowledgeable people working for your company. By becoming a Veeam Certified Engineer, you can more confidently rely on your team of certified employees’ ability to meet your data protection need more consistently. Overall, it will be worth the investment. Veeam Certified Engineer training can provide your enterprises with the following additional benefits.

• Oftentimes, certified employees work more efficiently than their counterparts. Their participation can help boost productivity by increasing issue resolution speed and productivity..
  • Enhance customer satisfaction internally and externally.
  • Improve your IT plan’s overall effectiveness. This will enable your firm to achieve greater credibility and prestige at the company level.
  • Encouraging employees to pursue and obtain certification will help improve data availability. VMCE training can help IT professionals better understand Veeam software, thereby improving data availability and recovery times.
  • With a better understanding of Veeam software, IT professionals can more efficiently manage backups, perform restores, and reduce downtime for critical systems and applications

Is it possible to take the VMCE exam without the course?

No, this isn’t possible. In this link, you will find interesting comments from Veeam Legends and Vanguard about why this isn’t currently possible. To qualify to take a Veeam certification exam, candidates must attend the Veeam Availability Suite v11 course through a Veeam Authorised Educational Center (VMAEC) or hold the previous certification.

The VMCE exam is delivered live in a testing centre or virtually as online-proctored. Certification demonstrates you have the necessary skills to configure and manage a Veeam Solution. Please use this link to register for your exam.

Are there VMCE Practice Exams?

Exam preparation is one of the most important but challenging processes. This is why, Rasmush has prepared some VMCE practice exam questions. However, this should not be your only study material. Kindly take a look at the link below for the practice questions.

Considering your VMCE certification?

Step 1: Firstly Pricing is available from the VMAEC directly. VMAECs deliver classes in both classroom environments and online formats. Visit a Veeam Authorized Education Center (VMAEC).

Step 2: In order to validate your knowledge and register for the VMCE Certification exam, kindly log into the Veeam Certification Portal using your email ID. If you do not have an existing Veeam.com account under this email address, you can create one for this purpose

The passing score for your exam is 70% as mentioned above. Once you pass the exam, you will receive your VMCE digital badge as shown below.

This is not an exhaustive list as mentioned above. For the course outline and how to get a free training, please visit this blogpost.

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I urge you all to embrace the challenges and starting creating contents for this user-group! Let’s study for the VMCE Exam together by sharing what we have learned. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Great post @Iams3le ! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for posting this @Iams3le Seeing as the training happened before v12 was released, was the training solely v11a or did was there some discussion about new features of v12? I am noticing that new VMCEs are showing as 2023 which makes sense as that’s this year but how the numbering leads one to believe that a VMCE 2023 is more up to date than a VMCE 2022 or 2021 but I believe both of those years covered v11 so in effect they are all equivalent. So my question is a multi-part one: When will the VMCE/VMCA be changed to the v12 version? Will the naming convention be changed to reflect that? (i.e. someone who passes it now will get the VMCE 2023 badge but if the v12 exam comes out in 2023, how will we distinguish between the two?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great post @Iams3le ! 😊

Thank you @Federica 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting this @Iams3le Seeing as the training happened before v12 was released, was the training solely v11a or did was there some discussion about new features of v12? I am noticing that new VMCEs are showing as 2023 which makes sense as that’s this year but how the numbering leads one to believe that a VMCE 2023 is more up to date than a VMCE 2022 or 2021 but I believe both of those years covered v11 so in effect they are all equivalent. So my question is a multi-part one: When will the VMCE/VMCA be changed to the v12 version? Will the naming convention be changed to reflect that? (i.e. someone who passes it now will get the VMCE 2023 badge but if the v12 exam comes out in 2023, how will we distinguish between the two?

Hey @HangTen416 I will try to reply. Badge now shows the year of release, so now it will show 2023.

v12 training / certification is being developed, still not GA date. Once the training will be released rest of details will be clear, but I think (just my opinion) badges will keep showing the year of release, not version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for posting this @Iams3le Seeing as the training happened before v12 was released, was the training solely v11a or did was there some discussion about new features of v12? I am noticing that new VMCEs are showing as 2023 which makes sense as that’s this year but how the numbering leads one to believe that a VMCE 2023 is more up to date than a VMCE 2022 or 2021 but I believe both of those years covered v11 so in effect they are all equivalent. So my question is a multi-part one: When will the VMCE/VMCA be changed to the v12 version? Will the naming convention be changed to reflect that? (i.e. someone who passes it now will get the VMCE 2023 badge but if the v12 exam comes out in 2023, how will we distinguish between the two?

Hi @HangTen416, you are welcome!

To answer some of your questions, there wasn’t any reference to v12

T​he training was specifically for v11. In relation to the release year etc, I will leave our VMCE Lady to answer that @Federica!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @HangTen416 I will try to reply. Badge now shows the year of release, so now it will show 2023.

v12 training / certification is being developed, still not GA date. Once the training will be released rest of details will be clear, but I think (just my opinion) badges will keep showing the year of release, not version. 

She has already answered! Thank you…

Comment