Skip to main content

Veeam Service Provider Dashboard

As a followup to my post yesterday about finding the versions for all active tenants hitting the Veeam Cloud Connect server, I decided to take it a step further and publish my Veeam Service Provider Dashboard.

I built this dashboard out of necessity to gather information from Veeam for our infrastructure that simply couldn’t be found in Veeam’s existing products. For example, VeeamONE contains some gateway traffic metrics, but it doesn’t contain how many tasks are hitting your Cloud Connect Server, the repositories, or each individual proxy. I wanted a way to track running jobs across time - at what times are our Cloud Connect servers getting hit the hardest? This kind of morphed into gathering more information about SOBRs and Repositories in general. Recently, I wanted to grab product versions our tenants are using.

After developing this I had a much better idea of what was hitting our environment and when - which led to a much better architecture for the environment itself. Now that I know our peaks and valleys I could design an infrastructure to fit.

The write up got a bit long so I published it on my blog here:
https://explosive.cloud/veeam-service-provider-grafana-dashboard/

Feedback is welcome!

PS: You may notice I don’t have much information for repositories on this dashboard. However, SOBR information is being gathered by the script, so you can modify my dashboard to your liking if you want to capture SOBR data as well.

This is great @TylerJurgens, thank you for sharing! 

Wow some more goodness from you @TylerJurgens .  Thanks for sharing this as I am getting in to Grafana lately trying to do more with it.

I’ve learned, between you and Jorge de la Cruz, that I need to find time to deploy Grafana and play around with it.  Because honestly the SPC is pretty great, but some of the information it returns is pretty lacking.  Adding Veeam ONE also helps, but when most of my clients are running their own VBR servers that have management and reporting tied to the SPC, Veeam ONE doesn’t pull from those VBR servers and only pulls from SPC/VCC server.

@dloseke - I started with a script that @jorge.delacruz provided years ago and kept modifying it to my needs. Then I found while digging through some of the .Net methods there was information I wanted, but couldn’t gather any other way.

Hope you can take this and make it better. Grafana is fun to work with when you have the data you want to chart out.

@dloseke - I started with a script that @jorge.delacruz provided years ago and kept modifying it to my needs. Then I found while digging through some of the .Net methods there was information I wanted, but couldn’t gather any other way.

Hope you can take this and make it better. Grafana is fun to work with when you have the data you want to chart out.

Awesome...thanks.  Now if only I can make the days longer, or add more days to the week or something.  😁

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, that dashboard is wicked! Love anything that involves Grafana and InfluxDB, and I too am still stuck on Influxdb 1.8 style metrics 😃 I need to look at moving to 2.x sometime…...

Wow nice post ! Thanks for sharing. I designed and implemented a VSP platform recently I have to look at it !

Comment