Question

Multi-cluster dashboard 500 error setting up secondary cluster

Userlevel 1

I am able to see the secondary cluster in the dashboard but it is getting an error and not showing any detailed information. I am using token authentication and followed the steps for enabling access via the account settings.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jaiganeshjk 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Brandonrbt when you run k10multicluster bootstrap …, it uses the kubeconfig on the machine from which you ran the command and attempts to connect to the cluster. But it can't even connect to the cluster using the kubeconfig, so something's wrong there (that's why you're getting the ERROR: API server connection failed)

On the same machine that you're running k10multicluster bootstrap …, what does this give you?

kubectl --kubeconfig=<your secondary cluster .kube/conf> --context=<secondary-context> --namespace kasten-io get serviceaccounts

Userlevel 1

I am able to access the other clusters

Userlevel 1

@Brandonrbt when you run k10multicluster bootstrap …, it uses the kubeconfig on the machine from which you ran the command and attempts to connect to the cluster. But it can't even connect to the cluster using the kubeconfig, so something's wrong there (that's why you're getting the ERROR: API server connection failed)

On the same machine that you're running k10multicluster bootstrap …, what does this give you?

kubectl --kubeconfig=<your secondary cluster .kube/conf> --context=<secondary-context> --namespace kasten-io get serviceaccounts

Any other word on this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @Brandonrbt  Is it possible to add your secondary cluster to the K10 multi-cluster UI through the dashboard interface instead of using the bootstrap command?

Userlevel 1

Yes, the same thing happens when I deploy from UI as well

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Brandonrbt ,

I would recommend please to open a support case, this way we can have your debug logs and more information about your environment and help you find out the root cause.

FRubens

Hello,

Did you get any feedback on what was causing the problem?

Thx

Comment