Question

Logical Backup for RabbitMQ

Userlevel 3

Hello everyone,

we need configure a backup policy for RabbitMQ and define a logical backup for application consistency. I looking for an example kanister blueprint, similar at those available in Kasten documentation for Postgress, Mongo and so on. Even in kanister github repository I can’t find nothing about it.

Some one can help me ?

Regards

Luca

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I am not a RabbitMQ expert and could be wrong but I believe you want to mainly get /var/lib/rabbitmq/definitions.file.json then stop the daemon, do the backup then start it again?

You could try creating one by following the structure in the examples for other services. I have never done this myself so just an idea.

I also could not find any examples of a blueprint. Maybe K10 support will have one. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @LucaDM 

Thank you for using our K10 community.

Blueprint's templates can be found at https://github.com/kanisterio/kanister/tree/master/examples.

There is no blueprint for RabbitMQ at the moment, you could try building your own blueprint using other blueprint templates as a base, adding the steps you need to make the backup, i.e.  scale down deployment, backup PVC and scale up, or any other actions needed in your case.

Also you can try a request via Github issue to get some guidance if you need some help with your blueprint.

Hope it helps
FRubens

Comment