Question

Kasten Dashboard access

• 8 January 2024
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 3

Hi Team,
i have already installed Kasten using helm without customization, after the successful installation, i tried to exposed externally using nginx ingress controller using the command: helm upgrade k10 kasten/k10 --namespace=kasten-io --reuse-values --set ingress.create=true --set ingress.class=nginx --set ingress.annotations."nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/ssl-redirect"="true"    ,,an error appeared showing:
[couldn't get resources list for … : the server is currently unable to handle the request….
Auth is required to expose access to K10.]
i went after that with basic authentication and upgrade kasten using helm to use basic auth but the upgrade is failed too and shows me "couldn't get resources list for … : the server is currently unable to handle the request”
Please Advise.

7 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Ali Kanso ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please try the following and let me know the result. :- 

helm upgrade k10 kasten/k10 --namespace=kasten-io --reuse-values  --set auth.tokenAuth.enabled=true --set ingress.create=true --set ingress.class=nginx --set ingress.annotations."nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/ssl-redirect"="true"

Regards
Satish

Userlevel 3

Hi,

Thank you for your support, i tried running this command but it shows me:
Error: UPGRADE FAILED: failed to create resource: Internal error occurred: failed calling webhook "validate.nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io": failed to call webhook: Post "https://ingress-nginx-controller-admission.default.svc:443/networking/v1/ingresses?timeout=10s": remote error: tls: internal error

i saw that "ingress-nginx-controller-admission" is a service of type clusterIP wit port 443, 
any suggestion? 

Userlevel 3

i used the below values file for upgrade, the annotations mentioned are copied from another ingress resource details in the cluster:

auth:

tokenAuth:

enabled: true

global:

persistence:

storageClass: cinder-ssd

ingress:

create: true

class: nginx

annotations:

meta.helm.sh/release-name: k10

meta.helm.sh/release-namespace: kasten-io

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/force-ssl-redirect: "true"

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/fastcgi-read-timeout: "1200"

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/fastcgi-send-timeout: "1200"

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-body-size: "0"

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-connect-timeout: "1200"

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-read-timeout: "1200"

nginx.ingress.kubernetes.io/proxy-send-timeout: "1200"

pathType: Prefix

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Ali Kanso ,

based on the error message its failing with tls internal error while creating the ingress resource. 

How about following command removing the ssl redirect annotation ?

helm upgrade k10 kasten/k10 --namespace=kasten-io --reuse-values  --set auth.tokenAuth.enabled=true --set ingress.create=true --set ingress.class=nginx

Regards
Satish

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Also , please verify if the nginx ingress class exist in your cluster . 

Userlevel 3

i tried to remove the annotation related to ssl but still showing the same error

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Ali Kanso ,

Possible cause would be your ingress admission validation web-hook is not allowing to create any sort of ingress rules. 

Following can be done to fix this . 

• Take a backup of yaml output of the nginx admission controller validation webhook
    • kubectl get ValidatingWebhookConfiguration
    • kubectl get ValidatingWebhookConfiguration <ingress-nginx-admission> -oyaml » ingress-nginx-admission.yaml
  • Delete the admission controller webhook
    • kubectl delete  ValidatingWebhookConfiguration <ingress-nginx-admission>

Let me know if this works . 

Reference :- https://github.com/kubernetes/ingress-nginx/issues/5401

Note:- Following issue is external to Kasten K10 

Regards
Satish

Comment