Errors after upgrades to 6.5.4

• 26 February 2024
  • 4 comments

Userlevel 1

After upgrade kasten 10 i received the next errors in pods:

And deployments

The console show me this:

Other upgrade show me this:

root@SIPC09074:~/kasten10# helm repo update &&   helm upgrade k10 kasten/k10 --namespace=kasten-io -f k10_val.yaml --version=6.5.4
WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /root/.kube/config
WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /root/.kube/config
Hang tight while we grab the latest from your chart repositories...
...Successfully got an update from the "kasten" chart repository
Update Complete. ⎈Happy Helming!⎈
WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is group-readable. This is insecure. Location: /root/.kube/config
WARNING: Kubernetes configuration file is world-readable. This is insecure. Location: /root/.kube/config
Error: UPGRADE FAILED: Unable to continue with update: ConfigMap "k10-eula-info" in namespace "kasten-io" exists and cannot be imported into the current release: invalid ownership metadata; label validation error: missing key "app.kubernetes.io/managed-by": must be set to "Helm"; annotation validation error: missing key "meta.helm.sh/release-name": must be set to "k10"; annotation validation error: missing key "meta.helm.sh/release-namespace": must be set to "kasten-io"

And events this:

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by FRubens 29 February 2024, 12:31

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@FRubens 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello @Imanol ,

Thank you for using K10 community!

Please the first attempt of the upgrade to 6.5.4 did you get this same error ?

Regarding the error on your helm upgrade output, it is because you have already a configmap "k10-eula-info" in place and in your helm values file it is trying import again but it is not possible.

I would recommend export again you helm values to a file, edit the file and check if the configmap "k10-eula-info" is setup in the file, if yes remove the configmap parameter save and retry the upgrade.

helm get values k10 -n kasten-io > k10_val.yaml

The other issue I see is on your events, where the volumes are not being mounted would recommend checking also if there are any issues regarding your CSI, but first retry the upgrade and see if you are able to complete the upgrade without the error message.

Rubens

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I was able to solve it by removing a PVC

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Imanol Thank you for the update. 

Glad to know you have managed to fix.

Please mark the comment as the solution.

FRubens

Comment