Solved

Does kasten k10 support arm64 architecture?

Userlevel 3

I want to install kasten k10 on arm64 OS, but I don’t know it if supports? and I did not find the K10 arm installation package. 

icon

Best answer by michaelcade 29 July 2023, 10:57

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think “no” at this time. would you pls to connect offline for it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I was able to run it in Rancher Desktop on a Mac M1 Silicon. K3S is the distribution under the hood and running on Lima

Userlevel 3

@Geoff Burke Which version of the k10 package are you using? is it k10-5.5.8.tgz or others?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Geoff Burke Which version of the k10 package are you using? is it k10-5.5.8.tgz or others?

I had to hand back my MAC at the beginning of April as I switched jobs but had run at least 4 or 5 different versions. Looking at the release notes 5.5.8 came out on the 4th of April so most likely was not running it but for certain 5.5.7. 

Hi,

same problem here - I used helm for installation and all pods on arm-nodes are failing...can we somehow specify the nodeaffinity or can someone help us?

We are using Version 6.0.3

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Kasten K10 is not supported for ARM CPU architecture, we are keeping a close eye on this request and we have a feature request in but no timeline on if or when this will be implemented. 

Kasten K10 is not supported for ARM CPU architecture, we are keeping a close eye on this request and we have a feature request in but no timeline on if or when this will be implemented. 

would be great if this got implemented

Userlevel 1
Badge

We continue to monitor customer demand for this architecture. Please let us know if this would impact a purchase! For now, it remains a backlogged roadmap item, but we are doing the pre-work to support more architectures in the future.

Comment