Solved

Actionset failed because {{ toJson .Profiles }} field cannot be evaluated

Userlevel 1

Error message:

Flow:
In my kasten backup, i tried to use blueprints to better prepare my elasticsearch db for backup.
But, for some reason, my blueprint cannot render '.Profiles' value in official Blueprint for elastic The command is at the last line:

Unfortunately, profile is presented and created on kasten dashboard cannot be reached out.

More details on my profile

So, is there anything that can prevent those parameters (blueprint and profiles) to be connected?

Note 1
Also my profile cannot be reached out in kasten-io namespaces when i tried oc get profiles command

But I see profiles with this command

Any explanation on this?

Note 2
Pod of the blueprint will start in the different namespace than default kasten-io ( {{ .Statefulset.Namespace }} ). Is that a problem? At first that  was strange to me, but I did not find anything about it in documentation so i left it as default.

Any explanation on whole problem or about minor doubts presented in notes would be great!
Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by branko.pavlovic 10 May 2024, 12:16

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Madi.Cristil @safiya - please move this to the Kasten support section to get better assistance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @branko.pavlovic,

So, for the first issue, would it be possible to share a screenshot of the whole policy in question. K10 “policies” in blueprints are based on the “kanister location profile”. If this is not applied, then no profile will be used.

To the second issue. Likely, you have a conflicting API that is also using the “profiles” value. You can see this via oc api-resources | grep profiles.

The last issue, I believe, is fine.  

Thanks

Emmanuel. 

Userlevel 1

Hello @branko.pavlovic,

So, for the first issue, would it be possible to share a screenshot of the whole policy in question. K10 “policies” in blueprints are based on the “kanister location profile”. If this is not applied, then no profile will be used.

To the second issue. Likely, you have a conflicting API that is also using the “profiles” value. You can see this via oc api-resources | grep profiles.

The last issue, I believe, is fine.  

Thanks

Emmanuel. 

Hi Emmanuel, 
First, thank you for replying to my quesiton.
Second, here are screenshot of policy you asked for.

First image of policy
Second image with namespace, blueprint and resource name options set
Last points in policy

Userlevel 1

@safiya Please move this question to solved.
It was a spelling problem, because template should be {{ toJson .Profile }} without letter ‘s’ at the end.
Thank you all for helping me dealing with this issue

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @branko.pavlovic,

Sorry Just seeing that your resolved your problem. 

Thanks

Emmanuel

Comment