What is the Cyber Security Space and what should it become?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello world.
Hello friend.
Welcome to Cyber Security Space.

There will never be truly secure backups and backup storage if we don't learn the fundamentals of cybersecurity.
Veeam offers awesome solutions to protect you from ransomware or data corruption or backup consistency or much much more. Think about 3-2-1-1-0 rule. Secure Restore. Immutable backup. S3 buckets. Harden Repository. And you'll see what's next in ver12!
Amazing solutions, but all of them need our expertise to make them operational, safe and functional.

This space was born for this: to help us to understand the vast world of cybersecurity so you can build up your knowledge and be a better IT girl/guy/sysadmin/sysops/ethical hacker/programmer/devops/cat-on-rex/unicorn.

What can you do at the Cyber Security Space?

1. Create posts and share news
2. Check for FREE certification and course (link below)
3. Ask any question about ANYTHING cybersec related
4. Do you have an interesting solution for a real world IT problem? You rocks!
5. Partecipate to discussions and special meetings with community
6. Got a certs and wanna share? That's perfect!
7. Share your ideas to make this space a better place
8. Be happy.

If we all grow, we all improve. 💪

Link: https://community.veeam.com/cyber-security-space-95/cybersecurity-month-free-certification-and-course-1602

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey Marco!

I’d like to add the following:

100K in the UK (isc2.org)

It’s the (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity certification and its free if a UK resident!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey Marco!

It’s the (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity certification and its free if a UK resident!

Amazing!! I’ll ad to the topic! Thanks man!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey Marco!

Amazing!! I’ll ad to the topic! Thanks man!

No worries at all. Will let you know if I come across any more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It has been a great section to learn from for sure. Hope to see it grow more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good section, will follow !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It's been 6 months since the Cyber Security Space was born, we shared a lot of infos, especially regarding critical vulnerabilities on our systems.

But, let me say time has come to take a step forward, and improve ourselves.

What would you like to see more in this section? Would you like to help us grow it?

Let’s talk about!

💚

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

6 months already! Wow. 

That is a good point @marcofabbri We definitely need to grow this space. 

I think the posting of vulnerabilities is quite helpful, especially as it is so easy to miss some. 

Additionally, I think we need more articles on security and best-practices to help the community. 

Maybe even a Virtual/In Person meetup. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

6 months already! Wow. 

That is a good point @marcofabbri We definitely need to grow this space. 

I think the posting of vulnerabilities is quite helpful, especially as it is so easy to miss some. 

Additionally, I think we need more articles on security and best-practices to help the community. 

I agree the vulnerabilities being posted helps but having articles about security and BP would be very good for those of us that don't work in that realm daily. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

6 months already! Wow. 

That is a good point @marcofabbri We definitely need to grow this space. 

I agree the vulnerabilities being posted helps but having articles about security and BP would be very good for those of us that don't work in that realm daily. 😎

I agree. I would love to write up some articles but currently struggling with time. 

Comment