Question

Moving Backups Load

Hi Community,

i would like to give a suggestion for maybe a future release.

When moving a backup to another repository, the job occupies all free task asap. Other jobs on that server will be delayed until the Move-Jop is finished.
I suggest a dialog where one can limit the tasks the Move-Job is using, so the normal backup routine is not on full hold.

What are your thoughts on this?

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @veeamages -

Sounds like a viable request. I actually recommend you go over to the Veeam Forum and submit this request so the Product Managers can see it and give you feedback. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Morning 🙂

Feature requests go to forums.veeam.com if you’re happy to post your request over there, in the meantime if you manually copy your backups between repositories using file explorer or whichever appropriate equivalent then it doesn’t take any tasks, but I agree it’s less than ideal!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Morning 🙂

Feature requests go to forums.veeam.com if you’re happy to post your request over there, in the meantime if you manually copy your backups between repositories using file explorer or whichever appropriate equivalent then it doesn’t take any tasks, but I agree it’s less than ideal!

Unless it’s REFS and you don’t want the data rehydrated.  /sigh

A month or so ago I had a SOBR with a performance tier and I built a new server with local space, migrated the database, created the new performance tier and put the old in maintenance and performed and evacuation.  It took a long time and a few tries to get that to happen...there was a lot of orphaned data, much of it from agent backups of workstations from days gone by….I’m not sure if I should swear off SOBR’s or if it’s just the agent backups tainting things.  Either way, manually copying wasn’t really an option because I didn’t want to lose the REFS link-cloning savings.

Comment