Badge +1

how to clear vmce exam as soon as possible

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 22 July 2022, 17:41

View original

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Attend the course, review/practice and then pass the exam.  Hands on is crucial for passing the exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose is right that’s the order if you’ve never been VMCE certified before. If you hold the previous to current version of the VMCE then you can upgrade by just taking the exam without attending the course again. But in all scenarios, practice is key.

Have you been using Veeam for a while/working with data protection for a while?

I’d suggest being honest with yourself on how you are with the following:

• vSphere Data Protection
  • Hyper-V Data Protection
  • Agent Data Protection
  • NAS Data Protection
  • Application Integrations such as SQL Server & Oracle
  • Backup to Tape
  • Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
  • Veeam ONE
  • Recovery of the various data protection types I mentioned above

That is a non-exhaustive but mostly complete example of what Veeam is looking for. You get study materials when you attend the training course, @haslund has created some good practice exams. I tend to use these to determine which subjects I need to brush up on. Link here: https://rasmushaslund.com/vmce-practice-exam/

@Chris.Childerhose wrote a book on Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication which will help go through a lot of the stuff too: https://www.packt.com/product/security/b18266-mastering-veeam-backup-replication/

Good luck :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Final note to add, historically at least: Veeam have only imported who has attended a training course, once a week. As attending a training course is a REQUIREMENT to booking the exam (unless you’re already on the platform as holding a VMCE certification that supports being upgraded), you can’t book the exam without it. But this once a week import is a sync between the training & the exam systems. So you could find yourself sitting the VMCE training and having to wait a week or so until you are able to book the exam regardless, be sure to use the time studying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhoseis right that’s the order if you’ve never been VMCE certified before. If you hold the previous to current version of the VMCE then you can upgrade by just taking the exam without attending the course again. But in all scenarios, practice is key.

Have you been using Veeam for a while/working with data protection for a while?

I’d suggest being honest with yourself on how you are with the following:

• vSphere Data Protection
  • Hyper-V Data Protection
  • Agent Data Protection
  • NAS Data Protection
  • Application Integrations such as SQL Server & Oracle
  • Backup to Tape
  • Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
  • Veeam ONE
  • Recovery of the various data protection types I mentioned above

That is a non-exhaustive but mostly complete example of what Veeam is looking for. You get study materials when you attend the training course, @haslund has created some good practice exams. I tend to use these to determine which subjects I need to brush up on. Link here: https://rasmushaslund.com/vmce-practice-exam/

@Chris.Childerhosewrote a book on Mastering Veeam Backup & Replication which will help go through a lot of the stuff too: https://www.packt.com/product/security/b18266-mastering-veeam-backup-replication/

Good luck :)

Thanks for the mention @MicoolPaul and it was 2 books (v10 and v11).  So depending on which one you want to write the VMCE on you can get that or both. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Chris.Childerhose 

VMCE 2020 (V10) has been retired. So, only VMCE 2021 (V11) can be taken.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose

VMCE 2020 (V10) has been retired. So, only VMCE 2021 (V11) can be taken.

Yes I know that but I was referring to my books even though you can only do the v11 exam now. Not sure the relevance here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

i already taken 3 day traning and also working with veeam,

i followed my offiiacl ebook given by veeam while attending traning

and lab as well 

@it is ok to clear the exam.???

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Then you’ll likely be fine if you’re comfortable using Veeam.

Veeam’s questions are geared around practical knowledge instead of remembering arbitrary values.

Even if you failed it gives a great breakdown of what topics you should work on 🙂

I found Rasmus Haslund’s quiz questions more difficult than the actual exam btw. If you can pass these you’ve got a high chance of passing

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Then you’ll likely be fine if you’re comfortable using Veeam.

Veeam’s questions are geared around practical knowledge instead of remembering arbitrary values.

Even if you failed it gives a great breakdown of what topics you should work on 🙂

I found Rasmus Haslund’s quiz questions more difficult than the actual exam btw. If you can pass these you’ve got a high chance of passing

Yes use Rasmus's quizzes they are top notch.

Comment