Question

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Failed to read data from the

Userlevel 4

Hello everyone
I have this backup job fail for several days now , I cannot create backup the error is as follows:

6/12/2023 1:12:07 AM :: Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
Failed to read data from the file [B:\…..rds17\…...\Terminal Server 17_1.vhdx].
Failed to upload disk. Skipped arguments: [shadowSpec>];
Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.
Exception from server: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
Failed to read data from the file [B:\…..rds17\…...\Terminal Server 17_1.vhdx].
Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [119].
Failed to  

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sounds like some potential corruption. What kind of storage are you using here on your Hyper-V host?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @mohammed Kamy Kommunikasjon 

first of all I ask you if it’s first time backup or error appears after wome changes on VM. 

I think you need to check OS/storage of your Hyper-v 

try with chkdsk on server because CRC error is due to disk corruption. 

after this, you can try to remove Indexing and Application aware checkbox to try only VM backup. 

Userlevel 4

@haslund the VHDX of the VM,  Terminal Server 17_1.vhdx  is located on one of host machine hrad disk, we use normal HDD storage. is thier a way to fix this corruption error?

Userlevel 4

@Andanet it sounds good plan, i was also thinking to run chkdsk on th server parttion where VM’s VHDX located. thanks I will try that

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Andanet it sounds good plan, i was also thinking to run chkdsk on th server parttion where VM’s VHDX located. thanks I will try that

Yes run the chkdsk on the system where the file is located to see if you can repair things.  CRC error are always related to corruption on disk.

Comment