[Updated] Grafana Dashboard for Veeam Backup for AWS v4

• 16 October 2021
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Greetings guys, a few months ago I already showed you an incredible, powerful, yet free and open source Grafana Dashboard for your Veeam Backup for AWS.

As you know, Veeam has released Veeam Backup for AWS v4, here you can know more about it, plus take a look at a great video deploying it from scratch, creating policies, etc.

So I have decided to take a look at the new RESTful API endpoints, or to check the ones where updated, and, of course, I have spend the Saturday updating the Grafana Dashboard, introducing Unofficial Grafana Dashboard for Veeam Backup for AWS v3

How does the Dashboard look like for VBA AWS v4

After you finish the configuration steps, which you can find on the other Community post linked at the top, you will see something as beautiful and useful like this:

Grafana Dashboard - Summary of features

• SummaryΒ - Total number of Repositories, Policies, Protected VMs, VBA Appliance version.
  • Unprotected VMsΒ - Both, in one handy list with size, region and name. And with a great visual map to see the unprotected blue regions
  • Job History InformationΒ - A simple table with the latest jobs and status, also includes whether it is a snapshot or backup job
  • Duration of PoliciesΒ - A simple graph showing duration per job over time
  • Protected vs. unprotected VMΒ in a simple pie chart
  • Tables with all the components protected, in a very comfortable way to consume, including the new EFS Data Protection.

You can grab all the bits from the VeeamHub -Β https://github.com/VeeamHub/grafana/tree/master/veeam-backup-aws-grafana

Give it a try on your lab, or environment, and ping me if you need any help. Ideas or comments, are always welcome, this is a Community effort at the end. Cheers!

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great, thank you, @jorge.delacruz .

I have the same problem as Chris. So much to learn and explore and so little time… 😁😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great post. If only had the time to explore all these things. πŸ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Exactly the same issue i am having right now. Here is a quick guide on install Grafana on Windows and Linux.Β 
- How to install Grafana on Ubuntu Linux
-Β How to install Grafana on Windows 10 and Windows Server

Nice. Thanks for the links will test this out on Windows 10. 😁

Hehehe! You are welcome

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Exactly the same issue i am having right now. Here is a quick guide on install Grafana on Windows and Linux.Β 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Nice. Thanks for the links will test this out on Windows 10. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks, nice guides. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks, nice guides. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thank you so much @JMeixnerΒ πŸ™‡

Comment