Skip to main content

First .Next 2024 - Nutanix Conference

Hi everyone!

I just started my jurney into Nutanix, and I had the chance to attend the .Next conference last week in Barcelona.

the venue was great, same place as vmexplore, I went there for a previous conference before, but the space and area were great, not to extense, close and well signed.

I also took the chance to became a NCP-NCI certified, so Im so pleased and this week really worth it.

Here I will share some more pics, you may see some other familiar faces….

Spain vExperts in the picture.
Thanks Sean Torres!
poor .Next, didnt survive!

I didn´t take any pic at the Veeam Booth, but, the VUG Spain community was present and left a little gift for the “fastest” attendees…

VUG Spain Stickers!

cheers.

Very cool!! What was that exam like and how long did you prepare for it? I assume it is one step higher than NCA?

Very cool!! What was that exam like and how long did you prepare for it? I assume it is one step higher than NCA?

Hey Geoff, thanks for asking
I did the Nutanix University Course, I checked some other online resources (their community site, 🤐), and also I setup a little Lab with their Community edition to have some hands on locally, and finally a few Test drives from their website.

The exam was pretty much like vmware`s VCP-DCV cert, 75 questions, limited time and multiple choises.

I took the course in person at the .Next event, and after the course (it was a refresh class) lunch, and the Cert Exam.

Yes, NCP-MCI is one step higher than the NCA, is Professional, not Associate.

Cheers!

Were you able to get Prism central working with Community edition by any chance? My lab is stretched for resources and it could not handle that vm :(  as by default it wants to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was hoping there was a way to cut down the resource since test env but could not find an answer to that.

Congrats on the exam. Looks like a great event.

Hey Geoff, thanks for asking
I did the Nutanix University Course, I checked some other online resources (their community site, 🤐), and also I setup a little Lab with their Community edition to have some hands on locally, and finally a few Test drives from their website.

The exam was pretty much like vmware`s VCP-DCV cert, 75 questions, limited time and multiple choises.

I took the course in person at the .Next event, and after the course (it was a refresh class) lunch, and the Cert Exam.

Yes, NCP-MCI is one step higher than the NCA, is Professional, not Associate.

Cheers!

Prior preparation helped me in clearing both exams! The Nutanix University course and the course on “Pluralsight: Nutanix the big picture” etc helped me. 

Comment