VMworld thoughts, what are you excited about?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Now that we have 2 of the 3 days of VMworld out of the way who’s been following along? What’s new that you see as interesting?

Personally the whole project where the management layer of vSphere is containerized I think is both interesting and is going to create some challenges in the near future for those of us thinking about BCDR. That itself lends itself to the idea of the other project where your vSphere management is now done as a Service.

From the Veeam perspective I keep thinking about the idea of having physical repositories that I use the project Monterrey smart NICs with to fold them into the NSX overlay to really nail down the connectivity with.

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hmm...didn’t see/hear about this. Was this a paid session Jim? I only registered for the free pass, and only to watch a few breakouts, but didn’t get a chance to view any..only the General Session this yr. VMworld just hasn’t had pertinent feature releases for the SMB space in quite some time imo. It has become mostly a large Enterprise solution. I may begin looking into RHV more. Still need to watch Anthony’s session on that from a couple mos ago. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I've also didn't have a Tech+ pass and had some work to do in parallel, so I've missed many interesting sessions. I hope all sessions will be available later on

I liked the session about Workspace ONE XR Hub. In my imagination this completely replaces my office 😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Awesome, look forward to it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Unsure who at the moment it is through HPE.  Yeah I did the VMCE training so need to sit 2021 now and study a bit more.  I will post reviews after each day of the course too. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Awesome man on the training, enjoy! I really need to buckle down and spend a few days studying so I can sit the exam. Who’s teaching your class?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have been trying to follow along but this year seems more difficult than most. I love virtual as more can attend but this year for many sessions you needed a Tech+ pass. So I will wait to watch things on demand after.  Won't be following today as I have my VMCA training starting. 😀

Comment