Solved

Veeam integration with iron mountain

Userlevel 1

Hi Experts,

could you please help me for one of the important query.

We have a scenerio. with azure as main dc and aws as DR DC. also we have iron  mountin for long term archive. i am want to copy data from azure to aws also  i need to copy data from azure to IM. could you please help with best practice . 

please help. with different options. 

icon

Best answer by HunterLAFR 25 October 2022, 17:56

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Chris, its SOS - secure offline from iron mountian . 

client want to have backup from azure to aws and aws to IM. as of now we checked with veeam support. they say we cannot write on 2 different SOBR. 

please help do we have any options . we have added IM as service provider. 

please help

It is funny you mention this service as I helped implement it for IM.  I have not fully tested Veeam with the service so we have not put anybody on it as yet with Veeam.  Remind me next week to follow up on this as I am in Prague this week for the Veeam 100 Summit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi

From my ignorance,
you are backing up from azure to an S3 in AWS, and you want now backup the S3 into IM, right?

why don't you send the backups from azure to the S3 in AWS; and then another task to IM?
or maybe a backup copy job?
Im not familiar with traffic and billing in cloud, but depending on that and the amount of data, would sound expensive.

cheers.

Userlevel 1

Hi Chris, its SOS - secure offline from iron mountian . 

client want to have backup from azure to aws and aws to IM. as of now we checked with veeam support. they say we cannot write on 2 different SOBR. 

please help do we have any options . we have added IM as service provider. 

please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Experts,

could you please help me for one of the important query.

We have a scenerio. with azure as main dc and aws as DR DC. also we have iron  mountin for long term archive. i am want to copy data from azure to aws also  i need to copy data from azure to IM. could you please help with best practice . 

please help. with different options. 

What specific service do you have with IM?  Is it VCC?

Comment