Solved

Clear out a backup for a server at both the performance and capacity tier.

Userlevel 1

We attempted a disaster recovery test for servers backed up at Wasabi and 7 of our 8 servers recovered just fine.  We have a decent sized file server (2.4 TB) that won't restore from the capacity tier storage.  It gets to the same point each time and fails.  We have a support ticket and have attempted some fixes and no luck.  We would like to clear out both the performance and capacity tier of this one server so that it can create a new full backup at performance and then send the new backup to wasabi.  What is the optimal way to clear this out?  Just select this server from that object storage and select delete from disk on that server?  Or should I create a new job with this one VM and run it?

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 14 April 2022, 17:37

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you have immutability active on your Wasabi storage?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Do you have immutability active on your Wasabi storage?

This will play a role but you should be able to browse both Performance and Capacity Tiers to delete the VM backup files within the VBR Console.  Then it will start over at next backup with a full.

Userlevel 1

I do not have it active.  We have immutability enable on a different repo and backup.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do not have it active.  We have immutability enable on a different repo and backup.

Then you should be able to delete the backup files for this specific server in the Veeam console. After that the next backup is a full backup.

Comment