[What (else) is new in v12 - X] miscellaneous

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I want to continue my post series about little new features in the new v12 realease. Here are 3 little things that will make administrators live a little easier.

Modern Authentication for mail notifications

Prior to v12 it was just possible to set SMTP server settings for basic authentication. With v12 you can add Microsoft 365 and Google Gmail for mail notification too.

More intuitive Add Storage dialog

In older version, it was necessary to press Show more vendors when adding a storage product that is not listed. With v12, all vendors are listed in a scroll-able list.

New default with new repositories

With v12 Use per-machine backup files is the new default option when adding a new backup repository.

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

All these new enhancements are great.  I am sure there are still many to find too.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

All these new enhancements are great.  I am sure there are still many to find too.  😂

For sure, I still need to write 2 posts for series. Would like to write 12 posts 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For sure, I still need to write 2 posts for series. Would like to write 12 posts 😂

12 for v12  😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

12 for v12  😋

for v11 I missed this target 😓
😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for the share !

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes, they are so helpful.

Thank you @vNote42 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

nice shot!

are we looking for easter eggs?

🤣

does anyone know if there is any hidden in V12?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have not found any so far 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

nice shot!

🤣

I know of a hidden option in v12 … 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

nice shot!

🤣

Ooh ooh do tell?  😛

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

nice shot!

🤣

You don’t say!!

plz….😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

nice shot!

🤣

You don’t say!!

plz….😬

I guess I will make a little post about it … but it is a tiny thing, really!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Nice post @vNote42!

I ever used per machine backup files. It is a smarter way to record your backups.

Good to know that it is the default now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thx @vNote42 for this post! I also love that modern authentication is being added and also that per-vm is the default. I use it already for a long time because if you are using REFS/XFS there is not much loss in not having inline deduplication. Next to that the backup-files will not become so large and a smaller chance being incorrupt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Been using per-machine for some time now.. It’s been much better all around. especially if you are moving things around often. Why restore 20 backups from tape when I only need 1.

Comment