Welcome & Introductions

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the VUG for Canada.  Please introduce yourself here.

My name is Chris Childerhose and I work as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect for an MSP.  I have been in the IT industry for over 26 years and am part of the Veeam Vanguard program as well as VMware vExpert.  I have many certifications in a wide variety of technologies including Veeam, VMware and Microsoft.  I am a Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA), VMCE and VCAP/VCP.  I live on Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.

I look forward to meeting others and helping to organize events.

13 comments

Badge

Hey everyone!

My name is Michael Daguanno and I work as a Technical Consultant for a small MSP/VCSP in Ontario . We specialize and have a long history in BaaS and DRaaS. I graduated B.Eng Computer Engineering in 2015 and have found that working in the MSP space straight out of school has accelerated my experience for the better - exposure to many architectures and configurations, considerations for each one of those environments. Having a product like Veeam to navigate all those spaces with has been great! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Welcome @GDLtechie01 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello. 

I’ve been in I.T. for about 17 years.  Jack of all trades from Backup / DR, VMware, SAN, Networking, Hardware, Server Administration and still learning :)  I have been the “Veeam” guy at work for a while now and have configured our infrastructure from the ground up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Welcome @Scott 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Canadian EH!

Hello from Windsor Ontario.

I’m Derek and have been in the IT industry from the ground up to System Administrator for the last 20+ years.  Currently employed in the Hospitality Industry.  Currently Migrating From Backup Exec to Veeam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Welcome @DerekA 

Userlevel 1

I am Keith, been in IT for 25 years and am a jack of all trades working for a non-profit.  Just started using Veeam this year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Just saw this. I folks. I have the pleasure of working with Chris the Vanguard in charge!! :) I am a Senior Backup Engineer and have been working in IT for 21 years. I have worked with Veeam since version 7. I am VMCA, VMCE and Kubernetes certified.

Userlevel 3

Hi I’m Dale.  IT professional for over 15 years.  Jack of all trades, master of none.

I’ve been using Veeam now for just over a year and am ashamed that I never made the jump to this amazing product sooner.  I’m looking forward to seeing how this community can help me learn and grow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi All, Greetings, I am in Networking for almost 14 years now and working on various portfolios which includes Datacenter, routing and Security. I am new to the Veeam solutions and working to understand the solution and the benefits with the Use cases. I am working with one of the Finianicial organization in Canada and previously working with Cisco Systems. I would love to connect and interact with all the genius guys in this group. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Welcome, @Inder and @Dale Johnson:clap_tone3:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey, everyone.

Like Geoff, I also just noticed this and I also work with Chris and Geoff. I recently moved over to the service provider side having been a Veeam customer for many years. I am VMCE certified and beyond that, I am very excited about all the additional products that Veeam is working on such as the VBO and Kasten. It’s a good time to be working with Veeam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Welcome all to VMUG CANADA group !

Comment